Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/7/2004 5:14:21 PM EST
I just got a new heavy buffer and new spring. Should I oil them, or leave them dry, except for the surface of the buffer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:22:31 PM EST
i just rub some FP10 on it... rub it around... and then wipe the spring dry with a clean cloth... i do this just to get a touch of a oil in the metal... i wouldn't soak it ... keep it try but just worry about corrosion.. most ar owners aren't going to have parts of their gun rust unless they are really bad at cleaning it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:31:22 PM EST
thx, all i got is Otis's CLP, so i hope that works fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:04:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 7:05:10 PM EST by Alien]
I put a lot of axle grease on my old buffer spring and it really helped to quiet it down. I never had any malfunctions with the rifle, but there would sometimes be grease around the mouth of the buffer tube and on some parts. I recently bought a new collapsible stock and I sprayed it with CLP then lightly greased it up with some axle grease. If you want a quieter buffer tube, I say grease that sucker up! You can buy the grease at Wal-Mart for like $2.00 or so for a good sized tub you'll never use up. If you don't care, simple CLP will work fine. I'd definately coat it with something. It can't hurt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:56:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By Alien:
I put a lot of axle grease on my old buffer spring and it really helped to quiet it down. I never had any malfunctions with the rifle, but there would sometimes be grease around the mouth of the buffer tube and on some parts. I recently bought a new collapsible stock and I sprayed it with CLP then lightly greased it up with some axle grease. If you want a quieter buffer tube, I say grease that sucker up! You can buy the grease at Wal-Mart for like $2.00 or so for a good sized tub you'll never use up. If you don't care, simple CLP will work fine. I'd definately coat it with something. It can't hurt.

I LOVE the boing sound.
Top Top