Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2010 8:30:11 PM EDT
Almost there...  Mega Monolithic upper looks nice.  Picking up the lower tomorrow (matching billet) and then just have to wait on the barrel, which is still a few weeks away.  So close, yet so far away.  Plus I always manage to forget one part.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted!! I am really interested in the Mega monolithics, so would like to see yours all setup. :-)

ETA: is that the rifle length monolithic?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I am incredibly impressed with the quality of the Mega Monolithic and matching billet lower.  Fit and finish are second to none.  Used a RRA LPK and everything went together so smoothly.  Wilson Combat TTU Match 2-Stage trigger is pure sex.  Pics are from a crappy cell phone but I will post some higher resolution images when I have time to drag out the SLR.

Waiting on the barrel and bolt assembly and then ready to go, Lothar Walther stainless sandblasted matte.  Muzzle device will be YHM Phantom 5.56 QD suppressor mount.  It's killing me haha.

Dilema is optic choice.  The ACOG has been wasting away on a shelf so I slipped it on to see what it looked like and not too bad, plus its amazingly clear but the damn thing weighs as much as the rifle does w/o a barrel...  Other choice is the T1 since it also is w/o a host.  I pulled the M4S/3x off my current 22lr and the Leupold is off my AR-10 which is about to be canibalized into something less than its current 15 lbs.

Overall plan was to build a Ghetto SPR (SW Virgina Squirrel Population Reducer)    80% bench/range use and 20% spent in the woods.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top