Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:29:50 PM EDT
I have a friend that is trying to sell me a MEGA lower. Are they good quality? Has anyone had any trouble with them?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
i do not own one YET! but the ones that i have handled are great. the finish and the feel are very good. it also seems like just about everyone around here likes them.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=244411

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=250522

here is a good review on Mega.
www.commtechreview.net/firearms/megalwr.htm

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mega lowers have a good reputation but I have never owened one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Top notch.  The best I've found.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, your a newbie Welcome to ARFCOM...

I personally have never used one but Ive read that they are an OK lower... Hey, I have a great idea, I'm always willing to help out the new guys around here, why don't you get it and send it to me for testing...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Mega lowers are of high quality. I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a M4gery that I built up using a Mega upper and lower. I also have a Stinger lower, which is made by the same company, just an earlier version. It is my understanding that some of the very early ones were a bit tight in the mag wells, but even my Stinger lower is fine with all of my mags.  I also don't know the whole story, but I believe they also make OLY lowers and someone elses lowers off the same equipment. I don't want to get into a big OLY debate here.

My Opinion:
I personally LOVE mine and think every one I've handled is great. I am planning on purchasing another MEGA Gator and pistol lower next week. The black on them is VERY dark and the machining is pretty dam good. Other than maybe trying out a Stag lower, I will probably use them for most of my future builds. Pardon the pun, but I'm into the best bang for the buck and I think they are it. Not to mention, I like supporting the local guys. And guys, I'm not connected with Mega but wish I was........

I will at some point get photos to post, but in the mean time there is another post you might want to check out:
MEGA Photos Thread

Hope this helps,
Nox
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top