Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 11:31:04 AM EDT
Thinking of buying the CQB solutions MOUT sling... any reason not too?

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't think of any reasons not to...

A major gripe I have with CQB Solutions HST sling is there's no easy way to quickly remove the sling from the rifle. Kind of a pain to deal with if you're just taking the rifle to the range or trying to free up space in the safe.

I have a MOUT sling on order - it's the only product that caused me to yell "Finally!" upon seeing it.

When all is said an done, I suspect I'll combine the HST sling and the MOUT QD loop (hint hint CQB Solutions).

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
combine the HST sling and the MOUT QD loop (hint hint CQB Solutions).

[:D]
View Quote

I'll sescond that.  I've got the HST on a Daniel Defense Loop and it's not too hard to detach, but after playing with SHIVAN's MOUT version at the Virginia BRD, I think that's a better way to attach to the rifle.  But I don't want to have to detach it from the rifle to detach if from me.  It should be pretty easy to add a QR buckle to either though...
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a good reason. Given your screen name, you may be some sort of Arab terrorist; and I would want you to lose; which you surely will if you don't have a CQBSol sling and I do.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
let me know how you like it i may get one as well
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the original purpose of the emergency release buckle was so that if the sling gets caught up on something, you could hit the buckle and free yourself.

If you just want to set the rifle down easily, this sucks as it leaves several feet of webbing trailing from the rifle. The MOUT solves this problem nicely.

On the other hand if somebody is grappling with you and using the sling as a handhold, or you can't get through a space because the sling is hung up on something, hitting the release buckle on the MOUT won't do anything but drop your rifle while leaving you still hung up.

Like everything else in life, it is a compromise depending on what you need to do with. Nice 3-gun sling though as it allows easy transitions and you can snap and unsnap into the sling easily.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It seem to be a solution in search of a problem if you ask me.  The 1" webbing doesn't seem up to the task either.  HTer is a lot of stress and twisting at the connection to the rifle and this stuff does not seem a;ll that durable.  

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of most of their products, but this one isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine.......Daniel Defense loop and MOUT sling is VERY VERY nice.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top