Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 10:20:42 PM EDT
Can anyone make some suggestions of scopes with 1x-___ zoom and calibrated for an M4 with M855?

I'm currently considering the Norden/GRSC CRS scope, but would like to have a few other options to choose from...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
ACOG all he way. If you can afford on that is. They are the best IMO. Very durable. I beat mine to death.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ACOG all he way. If you can afford on that is. They are the best IMO. Very durable. I beat mine to death.
View Quote

ACOG is not a variable zoom, which he is asking for.. but the Trijicon VCOG is and they are going to be released early next year.. it depends on his price point really.. I have an Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x on my SCAR 17S and love it, but it really depends on what your budget is and what you want to use it for..
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no budget really, but I want to get what I pay for. I'll be getting a pair of something for my TEOTWAWKI rifles, so they need to be rugged and ideally not require batteries (although optional battery features with long life would be alright). I wouldn't want to cheap out and have a scope crap out on my while the SHTF.

The VCOG seems a bit overpriced for its features [or lack thereof], but will be an option. At least its single AA battery is boasted to last up to 700 hrs. That's a battery powered option I could live with.

I'll have to look at the Elcan a bit more. It seems like an option too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's no budget really, but I want to get what I pay for. I'll be getting a pair of something for my TEOTWAWKI rifles, so they need to be rugged and ideally not require batteries (although optional battery features with long life would be alright). I wouldn't want to cheap out and have a scope crap out on my while the SHTF.

The VCOG seems a bit overpriced for its features [or lack thereof], but will be an option. At least its single AA battery is boasted to last up to 700 hrs. That's a battery powered option I could live with.

I'll have to look at the Elcan a bit more. It seems like an option too.
View Quote

Im not an optics guru, but the only no-batteries variable I know of is Trijicon Accupoint. Very high quality and sounds exactly like what youre looking for.  I just got my first acog, and it is perfect, so I agree with that recommendation as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The reticles available for the 1-4 Accupoint are absolutely useless. What a dreadful $1000 paperweight. I'd rather have batteries. I appreciate the suggestion, but that is definitely not a contender. LOL
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top