Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 9:20:42 PM EST
Can anyone make some suggestions of scopes with 1x-___ zoom and calibrated for an M4 with M855?

I'm currently considering the Norden/GRSC CRS scope, but would like to have a few other options to choose from...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:10:07 AM EST
ACOG all he way. If you can afford on that is. They are the best IMO. Very durable. I beat mine to death.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:19 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BCSD_05:
ACOG all he way. If you can afford on that is. They are the best IMO. Very durable. I beat mine to death.
View Quote

ACOG is not a variable zoom, which he is asking for.. but the Trijicon VCOG is and they are going to be released early next year.. it depends on his price point really.. I have an Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x on my SCAR 17S and love it, but it really depends on what your budget is and what you want to use it for..
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:27:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 8:29:26 AM EST by TrooperKbC]
There's no budget really, but I want to get what I pay for. I'll be getting a pair of something for my TEOTWAWKI rifles, so they need to be rugged and ideally not require batteries (although optional battery features with long life would be alright). I wouldn't want to cheap out and have a scope crap out on my while the SHTF.

The VCOG seems a bit overpriced for its features [or lack thereof], but will be an option. At least its single AA battery is boasted to last up to 700 hrs. That's a battery powered option I could live with.

I'll have to look at the Elcan a bit more. It seems like an option too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:38:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 3:38:37 PM EST by garretts1776]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TrooperKbC:
There's no budget really, but I want to get what I pay for. I'll be getting a pair of something for my TEOTWAWKI rifles, so they need to be rugged and ideally not require batteries (although optional battery features with long life would be alright). I wouldn't want to cheap out and have a scope crap out on my while the SHTF.

The VCOG seems a bit overpriced for its features [or lack thereof], but will be an option. At least its single AA battery is boasted to last up to 700 hrs. That's a battery powered option I could live with.

I'll have to look at the Elcan a bit more. It seems like an option too.
View Quote

Im not an optics guru, but the only no-batteries variable I know of is Trijicon Accupoint. Very high quality and sounds exactly like what youre looking for. I just got my first acog, and it is perfect, so I agree with that recommendation as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:49:25 PM EST
The reticles available for the 1-4 Accupoint are absolutely useless. What a dreadful $1000 paperweight. I'd rather have batteries. I appreciate the suggestion, but that is definitely not a contender. LOL
Top Top