Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/13/2005 3:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 9:30:57 PM EDT by CWCinTexas]
I have a factory Colt 9mm Carbine. I bought a NEW in the box Beta-C and it will not feed a single round of quality factory 9mm ammo into the chamber...NOT ONCE...have I been able to place a loaded mag into the weapon and chamber the first round. Its as if it's trying to shove the cartridge straight up and not forward.
Any Ideas Guys???
After having been on the waiting list to get that damn mag im a touch displeased.

Thanks

Curtis..If you prefer you can email me all the solutions to, cwcintexas@yahoo.com

EDIT:

The fail to load/fire issue has been resolved.... THANKS to all with advice
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:31:55 AM EDT
Please forgive me, but let me ask the obvious questions to get them out of the way:

1. Does your carbine work ok with regular magazines?
2. Are you SURE that it is a Colt, and not a HK 9mm Beta?
3. Was the Beta inserted facing the wrong direction? (it can be done, believe me... )
4. Does the Beta lock in place? (insert it with the bolt open)
5. Did you lube it with the graphite?

I have a Beta for my MP5. The first time I used it, it stuttered. Lubed it up, and it hasn't missed a beat since.

I'm thinking that this is probably a simple fix.

HKO

Link Posted: 7/15/2005 4:25:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:09:59 AM EDT
i will give ya $50 for ur beta c mag
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:33:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BlowStuffUp:
i will give ya $50 for ur beta c mag

$55
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:34:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HKOVERKILL:
Please forgive me, but let me ask the obvious questions to get them out of the way:

1. Does your carbine work ok with regular magazines?
2. Are you SURE that it is a Colt, and not a HK 9mm Beta?
3. Was the Beta inserted facing the wrong direction? (it can be done, believe me... )
4. Does the Beta lock in place? (insert it with the bolt open)
5. Did you lube it with the graphite?

I have a Beta for my MP5. The first time I used it, it stuttered. Lubed it up, and it hasn't missed a beat since.

I'm thinking that this is probably a simple fix.

HKO

+1

­

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:31:14 PM EDT
$60
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:26:17 PM EDT
Personally, I would take Ruben's advice and call Kevin. I have a Colt M16 registered receiver. I have a Colt drop in from the bottom 9mm magwell adapter and a Colt 9mm A3 upper. I also bought a Colt 9mm Beta C. I put grafite in the mag, loaded it with 90rds(I don't want to max out the spring), and dumped the whole thing with one trigger pull. What a blast.

I'm guessing you have the pinned magwell adapter which I uderstand has fewer problems? I take it your carbine works great with the standard Colt 9mm mags? Did you put grafite in the mag before loading? Did you max out the mag with 100rds? If you haven't put the grafite in, do it. Also try only putting 90rds in the mag. Compair the feedlips on the Beta to your Factory mags. Are the feedlips the same distance apart as the Colt mags.

Try those suggestions. If it still doesn't work call Kevin. Beta has great CS that I have experianced. Also I picked up a simple trick so the bolt doesn't scrape on the top dummy round. Put a snap cap in before loading the mag. It will save the bolt from scrapping and you won't dry fire after the last round. Good luck with your mag.

Scott

P.S. Only you can decide if spending $250 + on a little more capacity than buying 3-32rd factory mags for around $150. As an "Armchair Quarterback" if I were going into harms way, I would perfer a factory mag with the bolt hold open to the posiblity of pulling the trigger on a snap cap or empty chamber. And 90-100rds is a lot to lug around. My $.02 worth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:44:19 AM EDT

Any resolution?

I want a Beta-C for my 9mm AR, but only if it works.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:50:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:

Any resolution?

I want a Beta-C for my 9mm AR, but only if it works.

It works with my RRA gun. GET ITTTT.
Top Top