Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
Would like to change my RRA upper's barrel. I have a heavy under the handguard M4 barrel non chrome lined. Want to put a chrome line government profile barrel to reduce weight. What tools do I need or would I be better off just sending it to a shop for replacment?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:17:21 AM EDT
Changing your own AR15 barrel for dummies

This site has tons of info for “Do It Your selfers“, ya just need to spend some time looking around!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:22:27 AM EDT
Awesome, that's what I needed. So much info here I miss on my searches sometimes.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:34:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 8:00:54 AM EDT by comp1911]
Big vise and a big vise grips should do it.

I use a DPMS armorer's wrench and the receiver block from Brownells.

Also need a 1/16" punch and small ball peen hammer for the gas tube roll pin.
Top Top