Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:58:34 PM EDT
Hello all I'm somewhat new to this AR15 thing I actually just purchased a bushy AR15 M4A3 and am trying to design a case. What do you think are desireable features in a case?

Some of the obvious...

Extra mags, Gun, Extra optic space?

YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED as I do not know what I will need to put into it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont know what you mean by designing a case.but if you want a quality case look into these company eagle,maxpedition,blackhawk,ishot,galati.they all make really nice cases with a different compart to hold all the stuff that you mention,maybe a nice 36" is perfect for you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about a hard or soft case?  If it's a soft case, there are several on the market with compartments for everything you would need and can be found on the EE.  If you are talking about a hard case you can get a Pelican and design it any way you like.  This is what I lake to carry in mine: SBR, 3 AR mags, single point sling, 120 lumen Surefire, spare CR123 batteries, ear plugs, FN 5.7x28, & 3 Five-seveN mags.

MadDog
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a sweet set-up with your Pelican case. I'm currently trying to decide on the Pelican or the I-Shot SERT. There is not really much of a difference in price and the hard case would seem to provide a higher level of protection, although quite bulky.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
How much is one of those hard cases?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
$150.00 US if  you "Shop the Deal!" Look around on the web.

Here's my Pelican 1720 with my LMT MRP and Acessories.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Tack that is a nice case indeed I was just going to build one like it.

May I ask how you colored in the stuff on your gun?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you all store your ARs in hard cases? I've been led to believe that is a bad practice. If you get moisture in there you can get rust in just days.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice hard cases! How do you cut the foam to fit everything so nicely? All of the cases that I have looked at have a single piece of foam that has to be cut, but I have not really seen any instructions on how to cut them without turning them into shreds.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Do you all store your ARs in hard cases? I've been led to believe that is a bad practice. If you get moisture in there you can get rust in just days.

I have kept two rifles in different houses for years in a case without any rust.  I keep them oiled though.  High humidity here.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I can not recomend the I-shot Sert system cases enough.  Great case, plenty of room, well made, and fully adjustable for almost any configuration you would need.  They're hard to beat in the soft case world.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
ARAshton,

I paid $135 delivered for my Pelican 1700 case from CopsPlus on the internet.  As far as cutting the foam goes, I used the 5" blade out of one of those box cutters that has the snap off type blades (you know when the blade gets dull you snap off the end and use a new section).  I traced my guns and accessories and used the long blace to cut through the foam in one stroke.  

MadDog
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top