BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 10:05:08 AM EDT
EDIT: Solution 0.63"

Hi all,

Just a quick question: I am having my PC Colt turned into a non-PC with a flash suppressor at a local gunsmith.  While he is very knowledgeable and is known for making great target rifles, he doesn't have a lot of AR experience.  While he could install the Phantom FH just like any other muzzle brake, I'd like the threading as close to spec as possible.  So....

What are the dimensions of the threaded section from the muzzle the shoulder?  I know it's 1/2 x 28 tpi, but I don't know how far to turn it down in the first place.  Could somebody tell me?  Maybe just grab that spare mil-spec barrel off the bench and hit it with the calipers for me?  

Thanks!
Scotty

http://scotty.geostrachan.com/hosted/ar15_fh.gif
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top