Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2003 12:01:03 PM EDT
Hey everyone! First I want to say that you guys do a tremendous service on this site. These companies ought to be paying you for advertising their optics better than they do, with great pics of what they look like mounted and through them as well.

I've settled on getting an EOtech for my brand new Bushmaster modular carbine; I wanted to see if anyone knew of any other differences between the 512 and the 552 model other than how deep in water you can go and the N/V compatability. I'm just trying to determine if it's worth the extra money for the 552 in my case.
Also, I'm just curious if this is the same as the Bushnell holosight, or if EOtech bought Bushnell or what.
Thanks for all the valuable information guys, I look forward to future discussions....
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:45:34 PM EDT
The 552 will have the better raised buttons instead of the membrane interface of the 512. It is better for use with gloves, in the dark, etc. where dexterity is reduced. EOTech makes the holosight for Bushnell. The Bushnell is the same as the 502 series from EOTech. They wer making them for Bushnell before they came out with their own line of "ruggedized" HDS sights. I guess the holo is popular enough for Bushnell to keep in their line-up and for EOTech to keep making it for them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:36:24 PM EDT
As far as I know, ALL models have the Rev.E raised buttons now. http://eotech-inc.com/tactical/whatframe.html Click SPECS for a nice chart to compare the models (if you haven't already)[:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:28:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By greenmountainpatriot: As far as I know, ALL models have the Rev.E raised buttons now. Can you confirm that? The buttons on the 512 are the same as the 552 now? If that's true, there will definitely be a 512 in the future for me!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:04:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:20:04 AM EDT
Thanks, Grant. I knew I would have heard if the 512 had changed to the raised button interface. I guess I'll just stick with the military models.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:39:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:00:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Balisong: Also, I'm just curious if this is the same as the Bushnell holosight, or if EOtech bought Bushnell or what. Thanks for all the valuable information guys, I look forward to future discussions....
View Quote
Bushnell Holo is build by EOTech under contract. It is basically the base model 502 in the EOTech line up. The 502 don't have the programmable auto shit off, the dive rating, and the protective hood. the electronics inside is a bit different too. I preferred the 550 military series, the price difference isn't really that much. the rubberized buttons are a big plus if you are wearing gloves or in the dark of night.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:53:57 AM EDT
Thanks again so much for all the info guys. I do like the sound of the raised buttons on the military model, and I'll probably go with that. Give me an excuse to get N/V equipment right? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:19:48 AM EDT
My bad...I could have swore I had some literature around here stating otherwise. Nobody ever buys the non-550 models anyways [;)] Spend the extra...you'll be happy you did!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:27:53 PM EDT
Just to clarify... There are 3 series available, 500, 510, and 550, right? The 550's are the only ones with the nifty new buttons, but which ones have the tough aluminum hood? I am getting the impression that the lower models might have a plastic hood or something. I want the AA batteries and the aluminum hood, but I have no need for NV. Is the 552 the only option or do the 512's have the aluminum hood as well?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:49:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChairmanMeow: Just to clarify... There are 3 series available, 500, 510, and 550, right? The 550's are the only ones with the nifty new buttons, but which ones have the tough aluminum hood? I am getting the impression that the lower models might have a plastic hood or something. I want the AA batteries and the aluminum hood, but I have no need for NV. Is the 552 the only option or do the 512's have the aluminum hood as well?
View Quote
Yes the 512 has a alum. hood
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:54:12 PM EDT
Yes, the 512 has the "roll cage", does not have N/V, and it uses AA batteries. I have two 512's and a 552. I need to buy another one... these are perfect for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2003 12:46:08 PM EDT by ChairmanMeow]
I have no need for the NV , so the only difference between the 512 and 552 for me is the new buttons. Are the new buttons worth $40 extra? I suppose I can guess the answer to that one since most people here seem to have the cash to get ACOGS... :D Edited to add: By the way, how do you guys think an ARMS #38 would work with the eotech? I'm thinking I might be able to get the iron sights nice and low in the eotech window, like maybe lower 25% or so, but the extra height from a #38 might be too much. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:04:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:56:36 PM EDT
Shame on all of you! Balisong's first post and nobody welcomed him. I guess I'll have to do it. Welcome to the board! [beer] BTW, shouldn't your screen name be "Baril"? [;)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:36:39 PM EDT
For those who don't need the rubber, now may be a good time to hit up your dealer for a big discount on that "older discontinued" model! Hopefully, they will want to purge the non-E's out of inventory soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:42:28 PM EDT
I've NEVER seen a non-E version[:D] You might be able to find someone that still has a couple collecting dust but I doubt it. Looks like it was a clean change over from old to new when EO TECH did the change.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:41:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4-guy: Shame on all of you! Balisong's first post and nobody welcomed him. I guess I'll have to do it. Welcome to the board! [beer] BTW, shouldn't your screen name be "Baril"? [;)]
View Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome M4-guy! [wave] I kinda like "baril"; I might have to use that as a screen name sometime. But for now, I'll stick with my Filipino weapon of mass destruction! [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:17:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Balisong: I'll stick with my Filipino weapon of mass destruction!
View Quote
"KeeKoy?" (excuse my spelling...)
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:20:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kisara:
Originally Posted By Balisong: I'll stick with my Filipino weapon of mass destruction!
View Quote
"KeeKoy?" (excuse my spelling...)
View Quote
[>:/]
Top Top