Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:46:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 7:47:00 AM EDT by j3_]
Check out the front pivot lug on this new receiver I got. Had it barreled and tried to put it on lower before I noticed.

i1.tinypic.com/o586bq.jpg
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:15:50 AM EDT
At different times I've had both a lower a lower and a parts kit from them that were out of spec. No more from DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
oh snap
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:29:45 AM EDT
Does it work?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NickySantoro:
At different times I've had both a lower a lower and a parts kit from them that were out of spec. No more from DPMS.

+1, and I'll add no more cheap parts kit from anybody.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:10:53 AM EDT
I'll take it............really, I will.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:11:04 AM EDT
Not to hijack your thread but the part behind the Delta ring (weld spring or handguard snap ring)thats a little out of round and doesn't fit flush with the delta ring at places (for lack of better terms) out of spec or just normal. My sons AR looked like that & I just pushed it back into place with a tool. Is this normal? I saw that pic and had to ask. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 3:56:00 PM EDT by j3_]

Does it work?

Works on Olympic lower and the ones I have made by LAR such as Grizzzly. Ammetec, and DPMS. It does not work on any of the CMT made lowers I have. It will not pivot open on them.

Is this normal?

The spring weld, snap ring, and delta ring are as they should be.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:09:17 PM EDT
Send that pic to them and ask for a replacement. I bet they'll tell you to send the whole thing and they'll change the parts over for you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:46:38 PM EDT
I would wind up loosing on the shipping. Probably just hit the back with a file till it rotates and spray some black Alumahyde II on it. Quicker and cheaper than a ride to the post office.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:49:29 PM EDT
the more threads that pop up the worse dpms' quality gets

if it works on dpms lowers or what not keep it on one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:04 PM EDT
My DPMS Sweet 16 pivot and takedown holes on the upper receiver were out of spec too, when I picked it up several years back. The holes didn't go down far enough, so the pins wouldn't go it. Didn't want to bother with return shipping, so I carefully dremeled the holes until I got it to fit a mil-spec lower. It's a VERY snug fit as a result, which I guess is good for a target upper. But I'm not buying DPMS again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 8:16:35 PM EDT by El_Blasto]
I had a DPMS cast lower once, the holes where drilled just a little too low. You had to push down on the upper and hit the pins in w/ a mallot. It was nice to have a snug fit but it made field cleaning without tools impossible.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:51 AM EDT
I doubt you'd be out the shipping. If it's their fault, I bet they'd make it right just to keep your business. A 1-800 call is all it would take to find out, right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:58:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jvicent:
I doubt you'd be out the shipping. If it's their fault, I bet they'd make it right just to keep your business. A 1-800 call is all it would take to find out, right?

+1

If you ask for a shipping label they will give you one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:02:11 PM EDT
They IM mailed me and said to contact them and they would take care of it. Got to give them credit for keeping up with whats going on on the board.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:59:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By j3_:
They IM mailed me and said to contact them and they would take care of it. Got to give them credit for keeping up with whats going on on the board.

That is customer service. You didn't even have to call them... Let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:08:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

During the past few days I have seen comments on problems with Rock River Arms, Bushmaster and Colt among others. Yet it is mentioned how horrible DPMS' quality keeps getting. To be fair, it seems you would be making comments about how bad the rest of them are getting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By terrydavis:
During the past few days I have seen comments on problems with Rock River Arms, Bushmaster and Colt among others. Yet it is mentioned how horrible DPMS' quality keeps getting. To be fair, it seems you would be making comments about how bad the rest of them are getting.

Same here. What I have not seen is posts about RRA, Bushmaster, or Colt having personally contacted anybody with problems and offered to take care of them. Please post links to examples if there are any, there is a good chance that I may have missed them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:07:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By terrydavis:

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

this is a dpms thread, when i see the others i comment as well.

so far the only brand that hasnt had much current problems is hesse/vulcan
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:30:00 PM EDT
I've always liked DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 3:47:00 PM EDT by j3_]
Well I tried contacting them today. First time the person I was told to contact in the IM was in a meeting. Second time no one answered the phone got a voice mail. Third time I held for a bit and got the person but he had not a clue what I was talking about. So I gave up put it in a box and sent it back. Probably out the 3.50 now for shipping.

Typical for the week. Got a single hook trigger set from Cope that was supposed to be a double. One of the three HK mags I got was dented to bad to use. The AK sling swivel is old and rusted but the one in the ad looks almost new. Ordered two semi auto sear springs from Vector for a HK trigger pak and got trigger springs instead. Ordered six sets of feed lip inserts from Lage for my M11 mags and only got 5 and an invoice for that says I sent 25 dollars but I sent 30 as a Postal money order. What a week.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:54:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By j3_:
Well I tried contacting them today. First time the person I was told to contact in the IM was in a meeting. Second time no one answered the phone got a voice mail. Third time I held for a bit and got the person but he had not a clue what I was talking about. So I gave up put it in a box and sent it back. Probably out the 3.50 now for shipping.

I spend several hundred thousands of dollars with them every year. I too get their voice mail, I am told people I need to talk to are in meetings. I guess it happens no matter how big or small you are. I don't sweat it, I hit redial. I call back if someone is busy running a multi-million dollar company. DPMS said they will take care of you, they will.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT by El_Blasto]
DPMS is still cool though, I like those forged lowers very much. I'm sure they will sort everything out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:23:23 AM EDT
They're actually a pretty small group of people that manage to turn out some interesting products. I find little things here and there and then e-mail the sales rep I normally deal with. Keep in mind time differences too. They don't work 24 hours a day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:42:00 PM EDT
I met a couple of them back early 90s at the SOF convention in Orlando. First I had heard of them and AR parts when I saw them there..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:03:08 PM EDT
yeah dude i would send it back...DPMS is really good about fixing stuff like that. i have never had a prob with them. they will make it right...go over to in industry section and post about it there
Top Top