Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:31:32 PM EDT
I know I read the answer to this here someplace.  I am starting the build of my DPMS 308 stripped lower.  I understand most of the parts interchange with the AR 15 and I have assembled an AR lower before.  Questions:  Is there any reason to prefer one LPK over another.  It looks like RRA has them in stock and DPMS does not.  
Also, remind me how the 308 build differs.  I recall that there are 1 or 2 differences.  But I can't find the posts on this board.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
.308 uses a set screw instead of a split pin for the bolt catch.  .308 spring & detent for the rear takedown pin go in a hole under the hand grip instead of going in from the rear where the buttstock attaches.  .308 has a trigger guard machined into the lower already.  All of this is specific to the DPMS .308 lowers....not sure about other brands.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#2]
And DPMS uses larger take down & pivot pins & they do have a larger bolt catch ,but the std. AR should work. Also a diff. buffer spring & buffer ,when you get that far on your lower.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top