Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 2:01:49 PM EDT
Hello all,

I was wondering the other day why Colt does not make a flattop carbine utilizing
the government carbine (6520) barrel. SO, I decided to make one for myself. I notice
that the 6520 barrels don't have the F-marked front sight. I was wondering what the
implications are of putting the 6520 barrel on a Colt M4 flattop upper. I know there
are sight height differences, but will this combination work together?
Do I simply need to get a taller front sight pin? Or what?

Thanks in advance for your kind responses,

Mark Papineau
Loveland, CO
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a difference of about 0.040" higher in the F marked front sight tower.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
So, in other words, don't worry about it?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a .040" taller front sight post from Bushmaster when I installed the ARMS 40 rear BUIS.  I found that the front sight post on my Bushmaster was out a little too far when I cowhitnessed.

I also have a Colt with the fixed front sight tower.  Like I said, there's a .040" difference.  Some people don't have a problem with adjusting their standard front post up.  I just didn't like the base of the sight post being almost passed the spring loaded pin.  Plus it wobbled a little when I touched it.

Just personal prefference.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top