BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
I like the Improved CAR "Wafflestock".

Why no mention of it?

IMO, it's pretty much the same thing as the standard M-4 stock and when most folks want a basic collapsible stock, that's what they go for.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 9:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: howlie] [#2]
I just recieved my Magpul M93A stock, this thing is the BOMB! Dealing with Magpul has been nothing but a pleasure. The cheek weld remains the same throughout the range of lengths, no more puttin' your face on the bare buffer tube.
Guys, I highly recommend this stock, it is the BEST! Thumbs up for Magpul!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my wife a post-ban Armalite AR carbine and want to get a collapsible stock for it, but will that be legal once the AWB dies?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By 91stsps:
I bought my wife a post-ban Armalite AR carbine and want to get a collapsible stock for it, but will that be legal once the AWB dies?  

Yes.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By howlie:
I just recieved my Magpul M93A stock, this thing is the BOMB! Dealing with Magpul has been nothing but a pleasure. The cheek weld remains the same throughout the range of lengths, no more puttin' your face on the bare buffer tube.

I think I'm headed this route.  Especially after I found out that it's supposed to have fixed stocks eventually that slide onto the same tube.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By norman74:

I think I'm headed this route.  Especially after I found out that it's supposed to have fixed stocks eventually that slide onto the same tube.

You won't regret it.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By jtw2:

Originally Posted By norman74:

You won't regret it.  

I'm just trying to weigh the economics of it.  I have a Colt 4 position now, which I would obviously sell once I get the Magpul.  Just trying to decide if it will be cheaper to have the magpul with two stocks on one lower, or the Colt & fixed stock on two separate lowers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good deal!!!!  COME ON 13 Sept!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balisong] [#10]
I'm really leaning toward the ACE socom stock for my September shopping spree; anyone here want to share their experiences with them? PRMAN45ACP said he likes his, but I haven't heard any specifics on what people like/dislike about them. Thanks in advance guys
Balisong

ETA:
Main reason I'm leaning towards it is because I have the full size fixed version on my Bushy Modular Carbine, and I'm very fond of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
i'm probably just going to end up with a standard type, 6pos probably. That LMT one looks good but for the extra money I could buy ammo.

Besides, only thing that really looks like a MAJOR change is a little recoil pad and the gun doesn't really have recoil.

While they look nice I can't see spending all the money on it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Having used just about every stock out there, I am going to get the Magpul and leave it on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in NY and we have our own state AWB. If I had a collapible stock and pinned (locking it somehow) it into a fixed postion would this legal.  A local gunshop that has a Class 3 FFL told me it would be. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I forgot I live in the Peoples Republic of MD, I need to check our own AWB.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#15]
xcpd69

Michigan's minimum overall length is 30 inches to be a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:54:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lawsec] [#16]

Originally Posted By Balisong:
I'm really leaning toward the ACE socom stock for my September shopping spree; anyone here want to share their experiences with them?

Advantages:

They are VERY tough, very solid when locked into position, and the weight isn't that big of an issue.  I met with the manufacturer at the last SHOT SHOW and spoke with his machinist.  The quality is fantastic, and is maintained through the whole process.  

In addition, they would be perfectly matched to a Mega lower with the "gator grip" after the ban expires.  

Available in short or long versions - both adjustable.  

Disadvantages:

Not quite as many adjustment positions as some other stocks.

We have tried to get an M93A stock to review.  I spoke with Magpul at the SHOT SHOW but have not rec'd a unit to review.  Based on the stocks we have looked at, the ACE is my recommendation.  

I will have a full write up on the ACE M4 SOCOM shortly.  

Here is one on a pre-ban firearm...

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:31:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Balisong] [#17]

Originally Posted By lawsec:

I'm really leaning toward the ACE socom stock for my September shopping spree; anyone here want to share their experiences with them?

Advantages:

They are VERY tough, very solid when locked into position, and the weight isn't that big of an issue.  I met with the manufacturer at the last SHOT SHOW and spoke with his machinist.  The quality is fantastic, and is maintained through the whole process.  

In addition, they would be perfectly matched to a Mega lower with the "gator grip" after the ban expires.  

Available in short or long versions - both adjustable.  

Disadvantages:

Not quite as many adjustment positions as some other stocks.

We have tried to get an M93A stock to review but have not received a unit as of yet.  

I will have a full write up on the ACE M4 SOCOM shortly.  

Thank you lawsec; sounds/looks pretty sweet. Now you can also attach a butt pad to it right? IIRC you can get a .5" or 1" with it, unless I'm thinking of a different stock. I look forward to your full review.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#18]
You get your choice of .5" or 1" with the unit, but you can use it without as well.  I had been training in full body armor earlier, hence the lack of pad on the stock as pictured.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By lawsec:
You get your choice of .5" or 1" with the unit, but you can use it without as well.  I had been training in full body armor earlier, hence the lack of pad on the stock as pictured.  

If/when I get mine for my new favorite federal holiday (September 14th) I'll probably go with the 1" pad to give a little extra LOP and since I'm a big wuss and like everything to be nice and comfy.

I can't really imagine any other stock being as cool as this one (M4 SOCOM)... Ace Ltd makes two of the best stock IMHO... The ARFX and thr M4 SOCOM. I would never keep or put a standard A2 stock on any of my rifles...

The only thing I think they could do to improve these is maybe beef up the padding a littl bitin the cheek weld area.... I know it would be tricky to slide it over the tube just right so that the extra padding it in the right place, but the payoff would be worth it. Not the whole sleeve.... don't want it to start looking like it's got a chunk of that foam pipe covering on it. but double the padding on the top part would be pretty nice.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I acquired the M93A a couple of months ago. I concur w/ all the evals given it. I previously had a 4-position Colt. The buttplate is larger than standard, and the moldings come away a bit 'edgy'. A buff w/ some 3M cloth and you have the ne plus ultra of stocks. The range of adjustability is absolutely r

The shim fitup was not a problem. A few attempts to get the right combo and you're done. The single-point sling attachment is well-placed, well-shaped, and will not interfere w/ stroking the charging handle.

Maybe the best 'individualization' I've made to a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys I was just looking at pics of the ACE Socom and dreaming; then I realized I don't see any lever/device for the retraction/collapsing of it. How does it work?
Balisong
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Hey guys I was just looking at pics of the ACE Socom and dreaming; then I realized I don't see any lever/device for the retraction/collapsing of it. How does it work?
Balisong

In the photo a couple of popsts up, you can see a spring-loaded button at the top-left corner of the cutout in the stock.  Press to move, release lo lock.  When locked it is SOLID.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#23]
ah, I gotcha. Thanks again man.

Looking forward to mine......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#24]
After  reading all this, I've  decided to go  with Vltor,  already placed my order.

Never seen a need for a recoil pad,but do you all think Vltor needs one or not?

Thanks  for the  post.

TG

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:40:51 AM EDT
[#25]
It just depends on whether you find the plastic stock comfortable or not.  True, the recoil of an AR is minimal, but when you're shooting hundreds of rounds at a time, it might start to bother you.  Since you already ordered the Vltor, wait for it to arrive and then decide if you need the rubber buttpad.  Me?  I like the buttpad, even though it covers the cool Vltor logo on the buffer tube.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:25:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By M4-guy:
I like the buttpad, even though it covers the cool Vltor logo on the buffer tube.  

So does your shooulder when you are firing the weapon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Who makes the stock that J&T puts their logo on?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasGunman] [#28]
My Vltor stock and G-27 grip came in yesturday,must say  that I like the fit and feel of both items.
Just  got through adding camo paint to my Vltor, its a work of art.

TG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#29]

I'm really leaning toward the ACE socom stock for my September shopping spree; anyone here want to share their experiences with them? PRMAN45ACP said he likes his, but I haven't heard any specifics on what people like/dislike about them. Thanks in advance guys
Balisong

ETA:
Main reason I'm leaning towards it is because I have the full size fixed version on my Bushy Modular Carbine, and I'm very fond of it.

Same here. Word for word. I too am looking at the  Ace Ltd M4 SOCOM to replace the full size ace on my bushy m4. I plan on putting the full size on my 20" AR.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By ct602:

Balisong

ETA:

Same here. Word for word. I too am looking at the  Ace Ltd M4 SOCOM to replace the full size ace on my bushy m4. I plan on putting the full size on my 20" AR.

As a matter of fact, since it's now my new favorite holiday (on the east coast anyway), I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a dealer of Ace? I've checked some of the "industry" sites, but haven't found any yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:33:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: knightone] [#31]

As a matter of fact, since it's now my new favorite holiday (on the east coast anyway), I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a dealer of Ace? I've checked some of the "industry" sites, but haven't found any yet.

CMMG and Del-Ton deal in Ace stocks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks man,
Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#33]
The clock is ticking down!!!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Thanks man,
Appreciate it!

No prob.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm glad to see this thread can -really- serve a purpose now, for all AR owners.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Matt_B:
I'm glad to see this thread can -really- serve a purpose now, for all AR owners.

Yes, thank you MattB for putting this very informative thread together for us (and everyone else who contributed). I have no doubt I'll continue to check it from time to time as I work on various AR projects.
Balisong
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By Matt_B:

Yes, thank you MattB for putting this very informative thread together for us (and everyone else who contributed). I have no doubt I'll continue to check it from time to time as I work on various AR projects.
Balisong

My pleasure and I will be updating my original in the near future. I've just been really swamped at work and will be so until probably mid-November. But, with almost everyone being able to get collapsible stocks now, I expect to have a lot more opinions to draw information from.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By TexasGunman:
My Vltor stock and G-27 grip came in yesturday,must say  that I like the fit and feel of both items.
Just  got through adding camo paint to my Vltor, its a work of art.
www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TexasGunman/MVC_018F.jpg

www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TexasGunman/MVC_019F.jpg

TG

Awesome AR, do you have any closeups of the camo work?
cp
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought the vltor stock and it is great!!!! I probably spent way to much for the combo.  I spent $180 for it but it came with everything including the quick release swivel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey guys; try S and S Gun Parts.  They had a sale on ACE SOCOM stocks last month. Nice!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]
How much is a Magpul and where do u find them at a good price??
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#42]
www.competitionshooting.com has the Ace stocks available.  I just ordered one for my M4.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By boxerdad:
How much is a Magpul and where do u find them at a good price??

I would either look in EE here where you'll find plenty of vendors that offer the M-93A at fair prices -or- go straight to the source and get one from Magpul Industries themselves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I just installed my new Magpul 93A and I must say, it was quite a headache!  My Bushmaster used the .40 spacer.   After reading and wrongly applying the instructions several times, I finally got into a groove and finished it off. The 93A is quite solid with a nice finish.  I cant wait to install the Bushmaster A3M4 14.5/Phantom ARMS SIR upper!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By Chedderboy:
I just installed my new Magpul 93A and I must say, it was quite a headache!  My Bushmaster used the .40 spacer.   After reading and wrongly applying the instructions several times, I finally got into a groove and finished it off. The 93A is quite solid with a nice finish.  I cant wait to install the Bushmaster A3M4 14.5/Phantom ARMS SIR upper!  

Congrats on the new stock! I went through the same thing the first time I installed one but the second one was easier and the third one was cake. And, I don't know about you, but I was trying to be careful and not mess up any of the parts when I did. Now, if I have to remove a stock for whatever reason (which I did have to on my FN shotgun), it's super easy. But it sure beats paying someone else to do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAMBOSKY] [#46]
Uhh..............I didn't have a problem installing the Magpul M93A.  Been working on AR's for years I guess helps...............also assembling the back yard grill....the gandaughters Barbbie Play house...

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for taking the time to compile the info and post this thread. After reading through it and checking out the pics that were posted I decided on the MagPul M93A. Thanx again,

Allen
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By 02Overlander:
Thank you for taking the time to compile the info and post this thread. After reading through it and checking out the pics that were posted I decided on the MagPul M93A. Thanx again,

Allen

My pleasure. At this point, it's taken on a life of its own. Everyone here is contributing to it. I'll get around to updating the main post soon when things aren't so busy at work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAICO] [#49]
Rich was nice enought to let me buy his demo at SHOT 04.

Tail spike and reinforcement kit for breaching doors or ?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: knightone] [#50]

Originally Posted By SAICO:
Rich was nice enought to let me buy his demo at SHOT 04.

Tail spike and reinforcement kit for breaching doors or ?

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/100771/NCEZX-MagpulStock.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/100771/UKKIN-MagpulStock1.jpg

I wish Rich would release the reinforced upgrades for the M93A for sale.  Well, I wish he would hurry up and start designing the M93B, but I will settle for the upgrades to the "A" model to hold me over for awhile.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top