Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:11:58 PM EDT
I am curious if I will have any problem removing the factory brake on my 20 inch Bushmaster and installing the MSTN brake?  I have a barrel wrench, armorers tool and strap wrench.  Any one done this before that can give me any pointers?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not permanantly attached is it?  If not, it's pretty easy to do.  Just give it a little muscle and it will loosen up pretty easy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure it's not permanently attached before you start!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It appears to have a black washer under it and no signs that its permenent.  Its a bird cage style build after the ban sunset.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It appears to have a black washer under it and no signs that its permenent.  Its a bird cage style build after the ban sunset.  

Ok then, just wrench it off.  Might take some effort at first but it will go.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It came off easy with a barrel wrench and torque wrench combo.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
can't you just use an adjustable wrench found in any home shop?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
can't you just use an adjustable wrench found in any home shop?

Yes it would have worked if you can get enough leverage.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top