Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2003 8:24:13 AM EDT
I just purchased a New Bushmaster-DCM, and after only trying to "zero" with 60 rounds, noticed my rear windage was engauged by about 3+ minutes at 100 yards. Took the rifle to a "Bushmaster-repair facility" and the gun-smith said the front SIGHT TOWER was offcenter by about 3 degrees to the right - and must go back to the FACTORY.
Has any other BUSHMASTER-DCM owner encountered this problem, and did they make YOU pay to return NEW-rifle back to the factory???
Signed- Upset Customer / NamVet67Zeke
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
All I know is that for what one pays for a DCM rifle, I'd be REAL pissed if it wasn't up to par.

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Bushampster glues on the FSB on the DCM rifle. (or did at one time)

If you don't see any pins or set screws, heat it with a heat gun and rotate it to where it belongs.

Almost forgot to add, you may or may not have to tweak the gas tube (so it enters the carrier key properly) after moving the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I know Namvet and he is a straight shooter. I am
very surprised that Bushmaster makes anyone pay for  return shipping to have a gun "fixed"  Keep in mind this isn't a gun that has been broken or abused.It is supposed to come from the factory as a competion ready rifle , (and one pays a hefty price for the "extra" features on the DCM model)but this gun went out the factory door in bad shape . One would think someone at Bushmaster could give a quick inspection that would pick up such a sloppy assembly . This is not something that takes any fancy gauges to scope out, it is just plain lopsided!!   I am a happy owner of several Bushmasters but this makes me think .     NHSPORT
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a pretty common occurance with AR15s in general, not just Bushy. 3 minutes off center? That's only 12 clicks on 1/4minute sights. You should still have about 70 more clicks left on the short side.  Thats 18 minutes on the short side. I don't think I've ever used anywhere near 18 minutes of wind. That would only annoy me if it was a custom rifle, but for a factory rifle that's not bad.
I would probably send it off and have somebody tap the front tower and put set screws in it anyway, just because I like them that way, but I wouldn't expect Bushmaster to do anything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Bushmaster Customer Service in the morning, have then issue an RMA number and a shipping label. There should be no cost to you, other than your time/gas going to the nearest UPS Hub. I recently made a mistake on an order, I informed Bushmaster of the problem. The very same day they issued an RMA number and sent me a return shipping label via e-mail.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, my gunsmith FirearmsRepairCenter,received my BUSHMASTER-DCM back from repair at factory and all appears fixed.  The front sight does not tip over 3+degrees anymore.
And thank you to Bushmaster for standing behind their product - NO  CHARGE to me -
I tried it at the  WESTFIELD - 300 meter shoot and the rifle performed well -
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top