Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2013 12:10:38 PM EDT
So far I have ordered
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
And I had planned to order
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-magpul-moe-edition-od-green-no-magazine.html
But it went out of stock.
I know this won't be a build of the highest quality, but it's my first AR.  My brother has built one using similar parts.
I plan on using the LMT or BCM full auto BCG.  
I picked up an OD Pmag.

I have a buddy who has a type 01 FFL, a lower can be sent to him, correct?  
Also what's a decent inexpensive optic, doesn't have to magnify much, or at all.
Or should I just save up for something in the $500 range?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:23:31 PM EDT
Palmetto still has the complete MOE lower in fde for 199 if you arent set on OD.
The quality of that rifle would actually be pretty good. A lot better than most complete rifles in the sub $700 range.
As for optics, get the best you can afford. If you can afford a Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon or good magnified scope, get one.
If you cant, the Primary Arms micro dot, Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Sparc and Lucid M7 are great optics if you want a Aimpoint T1 type sight, or Vortex Strikefire or Lucid HD7 if you want a Aimpoint Pro type sight. Then theres a number of1-4x or 1-6x scopes under $300.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:53:04 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Palmetto still has the complete MOE lower in fde for 199 if you arent set on OD.
The quality of that rifle would actually be pretty good. A lot better than most complete rifles in the sub $700 range.
As for optics, get the best you can afford. If you can afford a Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon or good magnified scope, get one.
If you cant, the Primary Arms micro dot, Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Sparc and Lucid M7 are great optics if you want a Aimpoint T1 type sight, or Vortex Strikefire or Lucid HD7 if you want a Aimpoint Pro type sight. Then theres a number of1-4x or 1-6x scopes under $300.
View Quote

I saw the FDE, and if I would have known I probably would have went that route.  I guess I only have a $21 PMAG in OD, so not really out yet.  I still kind of favor OD, but maybe FDE is the way to go.
I figured going PSA, and a high quality BCG, I'll have a good quality first rifle, nothing to be disappointed with.
I think I am liking the look of the Lucid HD7.  
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:55:06 PM EDT
http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-sa-15-reticle-logo-ar15-complete-lower-with-magpul-moe-furniture/
I could always do this.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:00:56 PM EDT
I think this will be a better quality rifle than you're giving credit for!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:12:59 PM EDT
Quoted:

I saw the FDE, and if I would have known I probably would have went that route.  I guess I only have a $21 PMAG in OD, so not really out yet.  I still kind of favor OD, but maybe FDE is the way to go.
I figured going PSA, and a high quality BCG, I'll have a good quality first rifle, nothing to be disappointed with.
Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Ive got a HD7 Gen3 on one of my rifles and imo its the best red dot under $200. I like it much more than the Strikefire.
I paid $175 shipped for mine and it really is a great sight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:23:30 PM EDT
Thanks for the assurance of quality!  It will do me well, especially as much as I probably won't use it  I've bought an 870 and a 700 and they don't see much daylight.

Cool to hear on the HD7!  I think it's the way to go
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 3:37:31 PM EDT
Anxiously awaiting parts to get back on the shelves.  I would like a F/A LMT BCG, but I am not paying huge markups.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:50:38 PM EDT
PSA CMV CL barrel + upper
Mag Tactical Lower
PSA LPK
LMT F/A BCG
Magpul MOE OD Green all the way around
PSA Mil Spec Buffer kit
Colt Carry handle.

How'd I do?
Everything should be here in a week or so.
Top Top