Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:55:25 AM EDT
Hi there,

I realized after my build was nearly complete that I mistakenly put the selector detent under the bolt catch instead of the bolt catch buffer. I then went ahead and put the bolt catch roll pin in and hammered it home.

I have the bolt catch spring under the detent and the rifle seems to work okay when I dry fire it. I'm able to lock the bolt back and everything seems to work okay.

I was wondering if I should remove the bolt catch and assemble it correctly. It doesn't seem to impact the operation but I'm new to building your own AR so I wanted to hear from some more experienced builders.

By the way, I have a new selector detent coming to me so I won't try and use the bolt catch buffer for the selector.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:08:31 AM EDT
why not just install it correctly instead of half assing it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:01:51 PM EDT
The pin that holds the bolt hold open catch in place is a roll pin. Brownells, a gunsmith supply in Iowa carries Roll Pin Punch's. These are small punches with a small "ball" on the head. Designed to remove roll pins. This is the tool you need to remove that roll pin and install the correct detent. CARRIERKEY
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:51:53 PM EDT
Top Top