Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:01:01 AM EDT
I picked up some Slip 2000 at the Modern Day Marine Expo - but have not had a chance to give it a try yet.  Has anyone used this stuff?  Good, bad, other?  

Any input is appreciated.

Slip 2000 Web Site

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have just started using some of the products.  I got it on the recomendation of Pat Rogers, as he had the lube at a class I attended with him, and spoke highly of the other maintainance products.
The carbon cutter is great, and makes short work of cleaning the bolt and carrier.  I do not care for the cleaner/degreaser.  I is like soapy water and was a mess to use.  I'll stick with solvent, a stiff brush, and Brake cleaner.  The lube seems ok, and I used it on some training guns that each went about 2500 rounds without cleaning, only lubed before the start of each class, and they continued
to run without a problem.  I'll be switching to it on all of our car guns.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to be good stuff. I'm going to try their carbon cutter soon. I like that their products are "health" friendly and non-toxic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I swear by it.  I still use CLP for lube, but the carbon cutter and their cleaner/degreaser is top notch.  Makes light work of cleaning.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Received a couple free samples of it today in the mail.  Will give it a try after the next time I go to the range.  I want to try the Carbon Cutter stuff they have as well.  Sounds good!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using the slip2000 carbon cutter and cleaner/degreaser for over a year and I’m very satisfied. Great price also when you consider similar products.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
works great on bolts and bolt carriers
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top