AR Sponsor
|
The Hornady American Gunner pistol ammo is the same ammo but marketed more cheaply. I use American Gunner 380 XTP JHP ammo and it is exactly the same as brown box Hornady Custom 380 90 grain XTP but cheaper.
The American Gunner 6.5 Grendel must be a new product by Hornady as I couldn’t find anything on their website or any where else. Hornady does not list a 123 grain BT HP as a reloading component but I’d buy some American Gunner Grendel if the price is competitive. Where did you find this 6.5 Grendel ammo. |
|
Quoted:
The Hornady American Gunner pistol ammo is the same ammo but marketed more cheaply. I use American Gunner 380 XTP JHP ammo and it is exactly the same as brown box Hornady Custom 380 90 grain XTP but cheaper. The American Gunner 6.5 Grendel must be a new product by Hornady as I couldn’t find anything on their website or any where else. Hornady does not list a 123 grain BT HP as a reloading component but I’d buy some American Gunner Grendel if the price is competitive. Where did you find this 6.5 Grendel ammo. |
|
American Gunner isn't like factory seconds or something is it?
This ammo appears to have the same case as the new brass they're selling...but it's $.10 a round cheaper. Did Sportsman's fuck up? I was going to burn some gift cards on reloading supplies but ended up just buying another bulk box when I saw the price of their brass. |
|
The American Gunner series is marketed as a cheaper alternative to the Hornady Custom or Hornady Black. There were four American Gunner cartridges, 223 Rem 55 grain HP Match, 6.8 SPC 110 grain BTHP, 308 155 grain BTHP and a 300 Blackout 125 grain HP Match. A video on Hornady’s website stated these four cartridges would be first but sounded like they might add additional cartridges. Since the video was produced Hornady has added the 6.5 Creedmoor with 140 grain BTHP. It’s possible Hornady can mass produce a 123 grain BTHP cheaper than a polymer tip bullet or Hornady could purchase 123 grain bullet from another manufacturer. The American Gunner boxes pictured in the video appeared to contain 50 cartridges.
I searched for the product number which is in similar range to other 6.5 Grendel cartridges but no information was found. The 6.5 Grendel factory ammo doesn’t stay on the shelf very long in my area. Hopefully this will become a standard cartridge in the American Gunner line. https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/american-gunner#!/ |
|
Quoted:
The American Gunner series is marketed as a cheaper alternative to the Hornady Custom or Hornady Black. There were four American Gunner cartridges, 223 Rem 55 grain HP Match, 6.8 SPC 110 grain BTHP, 308 155 grain BTHP and a 300 Blackout 125 grain HP Match. A video on Hornady’s website stated these four cartridges would be first but sounded like they might add additional cartridges. Since the video was produced Hornady has added the 6.5 Creedmoor with 140 grain BTHP. It’s possible Hornady can mass produce a 123 grain BTHP cheaper than a polymer tip bullet or Hornady could purchase 123 grain bullet from another manufacturer. The American Gunner boxes pictured in the video appeared to contain 50 cartridges. I searched for the product number which is in similar range to other 6.5 Grendel cartridges but no information was found. The 6.5 Grendel factory ammo doesn’t stay on the shelf very long in my area. Hopefully this will become a standard cartridge in the American Gunner line. https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/american-gunner#!/ |
|
If you get time you might post pictures of the box plus a couple of the cartridge so we can all see the 123 grain BTHP bullet. I’d be very interested in see your results with ammo once you get your rifle together. I’ll be surprised if this American Gunner is not as accurate as the 123 grain SST. For a new shooter in 6.5 Grendel it makes a lot of sense to buy Factory Hornady 6.5 Grendel. You’ll have very accurate ammo with good once fired brass to reload or sell. The best price I’ve found on Hornady brass is Midsouth Shooters supply. Even at Midsouth’s price it would be difficult to load new brass for the cost of new Hornady ammo.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0015386283b100/6half-grendel-unprimed-rifle-brass-100-count |
|
I just called Hornady. It's real, and an exclusive factory ammo load in the American Gunner line they make for Sportsman's Warehouse.
The bullet is specific to this load as well, not listed or currently available in their normal projectile line-up. Meant to be an economical, quality factory ammo option. 200rd box |
AR Sponsor
