Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/24/2003 9:32:21 AM EDT
Has anyone had this problem? My issue Aimpoint Comp M's red dot disappears or fades when the hammer falls/gun fires and then sometimes reappears. I noticed it beginning during dry fire practice with my rifle (USG M4A1). It also occurred on the range last week. I originally thought that replacing the battery would solve the problem, but it didn't.

Before I turn it in for a new one, is there something simple that I overlooked. On the range it was a nuisance, but not a serious problem thanks to co-witnessed BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:02:28 AM EDT
That sounds to me like something is loose or damaged inside.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:43:15 AM EDT
I've got a 3000 that did that for a while. I was going to pull it off and return it to Aimpoint and it fixed itself! Must have been some trash in the rheostat. My Comp M has never had any problems.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:31:59 PM EDT
Had the same problem with my friends Comp M, his is 5 or 6 years old and the spring on the battery was getting a bit weak. Just opened it up and bent the spring back out a bit and it has been fine ever since (about 4 months). How old is your Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:06:42 PM EDT
Sniper, it is about two and half years old. That was a good idea on the spring, but unfortunately it did't remedy the problem. After doing that, I isolated the problem (I think) to the power/brightness control switch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:33:16 AM EDT
From a former Armorer I'm ordering you to turn it in to your Armorer and don't let him say "theres nothing wrong". I was responsible for more than 120 of those little suckers and I've seen'em go bad. The problem you described I've seen and it will eventually stop working. Glockdogg Airborne!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 11:27:57 AM EDT
Hmm....My M2 is doing this to me. I thought It might have been a battery problem, since I havent changed the battery in it since I got it (A year and a half) Im going to try the bend spring thingie and see where it leads. Also Im going to mail Aimpoint about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:14:21 PM EDT
Send it in to Aimpoint, but call first. Their customer service is quite good and they will make it right.
Top Top