Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 5:31:20 PM EDT
1. are colt M4 forearms truly double heat sheilded? And if the reciever is stamped .233 and the barrel 5.56, can you run any ammo down the pipe???????????????

Sincerly, Dummyhy.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
yes and yes
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
yes and yes

Doe Colt mark all their barrels with chamber and twist rate?  Are the colt barrels manufactured and stamped .223.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
yes   whatever is marked on the barrel, is what the chamber is..  ALL colts  have a 556 chamber.  you can shoot 223 or 556.      556  to put it simple is a little hotter than 223, so if you fire 556 in a 223 chamber you might have a problem,   but not the other wat around. it is not an issue with colt.  I sent you an IM cause you accidentally emailed me.    if you want to talk more about it  IM me,
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
oh yeah,  colt barrels will be marked with something like   C MP 1/7   or C MP 1/9    or C MP 1/7 HBAR or   C MP 1/9 HBAR

or if you got and old one...    C MP Chrome Bore 1/12        and  all barrels will say 5.556 NATO on it. that is what its chamber is  in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top