Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2003 7:23:06 AM EDT
Received my Model 1 kit a few days before my Stinger stripped lower.  Put it together last night.  What a great time!  

I had one small glitch.  The rear of the trigger which fits under the selector switch had some extra material on top which prevented it from moving as far as it should.  I got everything together and had a weapon that would not fire whether in safe or fire mode.  I took it back down, filed off some material and everything works great now.  Total time for the build was less than one hour.

The trigger has a little travel in it and is a bit heavy for my tastes, but I figure I will let it get broken in before I mess with it.  The action is a bit stiff.  The bolt release is also stiff.  I will work them a bit.  I prefer tight to loose.  Everything else fits perfectly.

I am so glad I went this route.  I really like knowing exactly how this weapon works.  I will definitely do it again.

Thanks to all on this board.  Everything I needed to know, I found right here.

Very respectfully,
DWJ
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am so glad I went this route.  I really like knowing exactly how this weapon works.  I will definitely do it again.
View Quote

Welcome to the disease! [beer]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Rats!  Told some friends.  Now, they want to build them as well.  We ordered kits this morning.  I got carried away and ordered another.

dwj
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top