Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/10/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
got two kits from aim surplus and they were missing the selector stops. what can I use or where can I get them. thanks
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
www.globaltrades.com/ak_receivers.html

Are you missing the whole trigger guards or just the selector stops?

Tom
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
just the selector stops.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
have you contacted aim about it? seems like they should supply them for you, since they should be in the kit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to doubt you, but are you sure they're not still attached to the trigger guard. The way these kits were demilled, the stops are still riveted to the guard. Its strange you received two that were missing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My Romy kits from Aim had the stop still riveted to the trigger guard.  Made for some ticky grinding to get them off undamaged.  OTOH, the AMD65 kit from Centerfire had all the receiver stubs removed and the safety stop "unriveted" from the trigger guard.  Made building less tedious since all I had to do was level the rivet shanks then drill them out....no receiver sheetmetal to remove.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok guys let me rephrase what I said, they weren't missing, the little tab was torched off both of mine and my buddies. AIM SURPLUS did nothing to help, they SUCK!! There are several options I can do, but I'm holding off on these builds until I get my jig. just started my 2nd 1919a4. so thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok guys let me rephrase what I said, they weren't missing, the little tab was torched off both of mine and my buddies. AIM SURPLUS did nothing to help, they SUCK!!.

Hi Rat.  Actually AIM is a pretty good company, Better than many in fact.  Now I promise you, I am not here to start a pissing contest.  You must be fairly new to AK kit building.  Here's the reality of hobby... these kits are almost always a roll of the dice.  Many many many times that just are not perfect.  Hell, they WERE guns that have been cut apart with blow torches (or whatever).   Here's some of the disappointments you can look forward to

1.  Part serial numbers don't match on a "matching numbers" kit.
2.  "Excellent Bore" guns that have matching bolts that are WELL worn in.
3.  Bent and broken pieces that aren't supposed to be bent - like the receiver covers
4.  "new military surplus" items that look like there were dragged home to Romania from the German Front.
5.  Bend barrel pins.  Bent gas tube  levers, Bent trigger guards
6.  Missing trigger /fire control group pins (they fall out of the box when ups is shipping them)
7.   add in whatever you like

Anyway my friend, a torched safety lever stop isn't such an unusual thing.  Trust me, if you get hooked on this hobby you will experience a whole lot worse.    Remember these aren't new parts made for kits.   They are the remains of an intentionally destroyed gun.  Torn apart by a underpaid 2nd world dude who lives in a one room flat and he really doesn't care about his work.  

Mr. Builder, your mission is to turn that pile of parts and destroyed gun into a working living creature again.    Enjoy the adverture.  You'll be hooked soon enough.

Best regards and good luck!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
What he said.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top