Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 3:12:59 PM EDT
I purchased a Vector Underfolder about a month ago.  It has blonde furniture but the pistol grip does not match the wood since it is black synthetic I believe.  I plan on buying a blonde wood pistol grip to match the wood on the handguards.  Since the pistol grip says USA on it I am assuming it is one of the American parts used in this build.
I therefore have three questions...

1.  Do I need to get an American made pistol grip to keep my rifle legal?

2.  Where do I find a blonde pistol grip?

3.  Are all Ak47 grips interchangeable?

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
if it is marked "A USA"...that grip was made by Armory USA...they are available in Tan, Red, Brown, Orange, and Plum also @ $ 8-9/ea.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
when I bought my underfolder from Vector it came with a brown grip, I called them and asked them if I could get one in wood to match the fore grip, they sent me a wood grip for free, no problem.
Give them a call
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I will give them a call after the weekend
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
My Vector manual said the following parts are US made:
Receiver
Hammer
Trigger
Disconnector
Gas piston
Muzzle device.

My pistol grip is marked US. I guess it is a superfluous US part.

Or maybe the manual is incorrect. I can see no reason they would change out the foreign gas piston for a US one if they are using 6 other US parts.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top