Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2006 2:12:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 2:19:17 PM EST by jr1092]
I purchased a Vector Underfolder about a month ago. It has blonde furniture but the pistol grip does not match the wood since it is black synthetic I believe. I plan on buying a blonde wood pistol grip to match the wood on the handguards. Since the pistol grip says USA on it I am assuming it is one of the American parts used in this build.
I therefore have three questions...

1. Do I need to get an American made pistol grip to keep my rifle legal?

2. Where do I find a blonde pistol grip?

3. Are all Ak47 grips interchangeable?


Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:23:32 PM EST
if it is marked "A USA"...that grip was made by Armory USA...they are available in Tan, Red, Brown, Orange, and Plum also @ $ 8-9/ea.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:56:23 PM EST
when I bought my underfolder from Vector it came with a brown grip, I called them and asked them if I could get one in wood to match the fore grip, they sent me a wood grip for free, no problem.
Give them a call
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:01:38 PM EST
Thanks I will give them a call after the weekend
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:07:25 PM EST
My Vector manual said the following parts are US made:
Gas piston
Muzzle device.

My pistol grip is marked US. I guess it is a superfluous US part.

Or maybe the manual is incorrect. I can see no reason they would change out the foreign gas piston for a US one if they are using 6 other US parts.
Top Top