Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:46:23 AM EDT
Has anyone ordered either the fixed stock or underfolder kits from Centerfiresystems? If so were they any good ?i.e wood, finish, barrels . Or is it a crap shoot on what you get? If someone knows of a better supplier for these kits please let me know. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two fixed stock Yugo kits that shipped yesterday from Centerfire, and I will post a report of what I find. (fingers crossed)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics when you get them
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have two fixed stock Yugo kits that shipped yesterday from Centerfire, and I will post a report of what I find. (fingers crossed)

Good luck man.

Did you pay for hand inspection?

It was not offered as an option when I called Pam, nor was I aware that centerfire would do handpicking, otherwise I would have asked.  

However, that is why I ordered two kits...one to build, one to go "crap, that barrel is garbage!" and for future spares for the fixed and folder Yugos I will have.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I recieved three fixed kits from CFS last week at 89.00 each, 9.95 flat rate shipping.  All the bores were bright and the wood was good.  Blueing 65-90%.  Very happy with the results.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine last week and finally took a good look at it tonight.  The M70AB2 underfolder finish was around 60%-80%.  Most of the wear was on the front of the barrel and gas tube.  Wood was suprisingly good.  Bolt and carrier looked like new.  When I looked down the bore the first time it was black and not very pleasent looking.  Then I cleaned out the bore using mineral spirits to get the cosmoline out for a better look.  The first few swabs came out pure black.  After a few more swabs, I looked down it again with the bore light and just about blinded myself it was so shiny.  It was brighter than some of my chrome lined barrels.  Rifling was not perfect, but still in good shape.  I am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
They were from CFS? If so, the ones listed for 139.00 or 159.00?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a fixed stock stamped kit from http://www.ammunitionstore.com/ it was $79 plus shipping.  (They also have milled kits for $59) The wood is nice. It has some carvings in the stock from the soldier that carried it.
It has a dark bore and passes the bullet test. The bore is good enough that after a it fires a couple times it should be fine.
They have "hand picked" if you want to pay for it. I took a chance on mine and Im really happy with the quality.
I can post some pictures later.
Now if thet would only get in some more underfolders!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was from centerfire.

Yugo M70 AB2 Replacement Parts Kit
Code: M70AB2
Price: $159.97
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Did the kit come with a mag? I see CIA has the same kit for 10.00 less and comes with a mag. Anyone have one of these kits ,and can tell us how good they are? Is the mag a yugo mag?
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top