Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
for a truck gun?  I am about to build a truck gun.  I already have an underfolder kit, but can't help wanting a side folder.  What say you?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Side folders get the same job done as underfolder but "for me", are easier to shoot, and employ.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Side folders get the same job done as underfolder but "for me", are easier to shoot, and employ.

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
sidefolder
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
prefer the side folders, all the UFs I shot pinched the hell outta my cheek.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted for underfolder just because of the "cool factor", but I also believe that in true AR15.com fashion you should get at least one of each.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I voted for underfolder just because of the "cool factor", but I also believe that in true AR15.com fashion you should get at least one of each.

Oh, you don't have to worry about that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
my vehicle firearm is an underfolder - it is not comfortable to shoot or to extend the stock.

I would recommend a side folder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Neither are comfortable for me to shoot.  They're not meant to be anyway; but the Underfolder stows and makes the gun more compact hence more practical for your purpose. Underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Underfolder, more compact.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
if you get a side folder, get one that folds to the left.

Mine folds to the right. it makes hitting the selector a bit difficult.

Also, with sidefolders, a drum cna only be used with the stock extended. not sure if that's the same for underfolders or not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...Also, with sidefolders, a drum can only be used with the stock extended. not sure if that's the same for underfolders or not.

just tried it.

a chinese drum on a bulgarian underfolder can be attached with the stock folded.

obviously you must detatch the drum to fold the stock out (extended) - but it appears to fit without obstruction.

i believe a romanian drum would work as well - but i don't have one to test.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted for an ACE side folder. However the underfolders I have seen of Vectors shoulderd very well and felt sturdy in my opinion and they definantly look cool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]
both
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
The German/Romanian sidefold is the best (I have 4)...The underfolder is the most compact; it is 1-2 inches shorter and will be more comfortable during entry/exit of a vehicle. Another note on the UF, as you used it more and more,  the locking latch will loosen up ...You can feel the gun moving up and down on your shoulder ...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sidefolder for actual shoulder firing,underfolder if less of that is required.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top