Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 6:22:53 AM EST
I finnaly got out to fire my SEAK for the first time today and after the first shot 3 shots the trigger stopped re setting after a new round had been chambered. I had to push the trigger forward with my finger to get it in position to fire again.

I went home and took off the dust cover and pulled trigger a few times and noticed that the sheppards hook is popping off one side of the trigger as its pulled so its not pressing the trigger back down. It doesnt go back into place until i move the trigger foward with my finger.

Im new to adjustable fire control groups is this something that can be adjusted out by following the directions on the red star arms site?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:03:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:46:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 7:47:20 AM EST by Agcsy]
I read the other post but it didnt really give to much info on how to fix the problem. What pin would i adjust? I read the instructions but i have no clue what to do. Right now the gun is working fine but after cycling it a few times it starts doing it again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:05:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:23:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:10:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By RS39:
Sounds like mixed terms.
The twisted/wound spring is not the shepard's hook. The S hook is a wire that runs along the left side of the receiver to secure the fcg pins in place by placing tension in the notches at the left end of each pin. The twisted/wound spring has 2 tails that both need to rest on top of the trigger assembly. Pop it back on top (needle nose pliers my choice) and see how it runs.

Yup sorry about that i got the S hook confused with the twisted wound spring. It keeps popping off of the top of the trigger. Thx for the info guys i will try the adjustments suggested and hopefully it works.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:16:22 PM EST
Hmm, I'm still having problems wih mine but my problem seems to be with the safety bar catching a portion of the trigger mechanism. Called ORF today, they've got wierd hours. Guess I'll catch 'em tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:16:48 PM EST
I believe a file job is in order....there is excess contact in the trigger housing around the safty. Thus that is why the safty will not engage all the way. If one can file off a small bit of the excess then the contact problem should be resolved.

~CoLd

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:38:13 AM EST
Agscy I just got off the phone with them. Mike was very helpful. I'll hit you up with an IM here in a bit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:48:38 AM EST
Gather a 1/16th allen wrench, your favorite file, a flashlight, some locktite, and 2-3 beers. Download and print the doc below. My SEAK had the same behavior until I backed off a tiny bit on the disconnector (D) adjustment. Adjust your trigger until you like it, then file away a little bit of the tab on your safety lever with a 45 degree angle where it contacts the fire control group. Check for fit and file more if needed. The whole process takes less than an hour. Now you have a perfect SEAK with a trigger adjusted to your liking. I set mine up with a two stage and what feels like 3.5 to 4 lbs. It is not that difficult at all.

RSA trigger adjustment instructions
Top Top