Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:39:27 PM EDT
Ok, well I picked up my first AK47 today, cost me a bit but it seems worth it.. anyway, the receiver is marked:
AK47S 7.62X39MM
MADE IN CHINA

It also has the marking R.A.I. Woodland Hills.Ca.  Im guessing that thats the importer.  It has a slant muzzle break, looks like the bayo lugs are intact but they could be ground off, I dont have anything to compare them to... stamped receiver, all wood furniture, serial number starts with 87... any info at all would be helpful, i.e. preban/postban, manufacturer, links... anything.. thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a preban to me.  I wouldn't think any prebans would be marked "AK47S"  

Does the slant brake come off?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey thanks for the info guys, the pin on the brake works, i.e. i can push it in, but the brake itself is on pretty tight... is there a specific tool i can use to get it off/see if it will come off without damaging it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Your Pre-ban AK has reverse threads on the muzzle. Try turning the slant brake clockwise ( while pressing in the spring loaded plunger pin )

It should be able to be removed easily without any specific tools.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top