Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:05 AM EST
Can somebody explain me what is deference. I know mechanically but what is difference in actual accuracy and trigger pull. Which one is better?
I got Yugo M70 that have double trigger and was thinking of improving it but I 'm not sure how?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:12 AM EST
I think the double-hook is an improvement over the single-hook in reliability/durability, but with two hooks can come more friction during trigger pull. You could improve your double hook by polishing the contact surfaces on the hooks and hammer, but without sanding or grinding away any significant material - by hand only. This will make the pull smoother.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:19:44 AM EST
The Yugos and MAK-90s and the milled reciever AKs are the only with double hook triggers while the rest have single hook I think.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:19:14 PM EST
Fully automatic AK's have single hook triggers (from my understanding) because the rate reducer on the bottom of the carrier passes through the space where the extra hook takes up on a double hook.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:41:37 PM EST
When I put a Tapco G2 set in my FEG for compliance, I noticed the FEG single-hook was much thicker than the Tapco. I guess they made them thick for durability. The Tapco set really has surprised me, though. It feels every bit as smooth and quick as the original. No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:58:05 PM EST
The only difference is a second hook, it's really not needed but some people feel they are better.

If you want a good trigger group spend $70 to 100 for an adjustable setup. Red Star is one, Brownell has one and there's another company that I can't remember the name right now.
Top Top