Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:05 AM EDT
Can somebody explain me what is deference. I know mechanically but what is difference in actual accuracy and trigger pull. Which one is better?
I got Yugo M70 that have double trigger and was thinking of improving it but I 'm not sure how?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the double-hook is an improvement over the single-hook in reliability/durability, but with two hooks can come more friction during trigger pull. You could improve your double hook by polishing the contact surfaces on the hooks and hammer, but without sanding or grinding away any significant material - by hand only. This will make the pull smoother.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The Yugos and MAK-90s and the milled reciever AKs are the only with double hook triggers while the rest have single hook I think.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Fully automatic AK's have single hook triggers (from my understanding) because the rate reducer on the bottom of the carrier passes through the space where the extra hook takes up on a double hook.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
When I put a Tapco G2 set in my FEG for compliance, I noticed the FEG single-hook was much thicker than the Tapco. I guess they made them thick for durability. The Tapco set really has surprised me, though. It feels every bit as smooth and quick as the original. No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The only difference is a second hook, it's really not needed but some people feel they are better.

If you want a good trigger group spend $70 to 100 for an adjustable setup. Red Star is one, Brownell has one and there's another company that I can't remember the name right now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top