Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:06:32 PM EST
I've been wanting to get another AK to play with, but the cheaper the better. I've thought about picking up a lo-cap WASR and opening up the mag-well so it'll accept hi-cap mags. I'm not sure of the legalities of doing so, however.

Anyone have any insight on how legal this would be, or where I could go to check it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:43:13 PM EST
Century has been doing it for years. Nothing illegal about it. Just make sure you have the proper US parts count.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:45:23 PM EST
Also have to be careful. Some (but not all) of the Romy low-caps actually have a low-capacity front trunion, which will require substantial modification or outright replacement in order to function with High-capacity mags. But it is worth it: I bought a low-cap Maadi for $200 and converted it. I worked slowly, and opening the mag well took about 1hr. If I were to do it again, it would probably only take about 20-30 mins with a Dremel. Then you need your 5/6 compliance parts and you are ready to rock and roll.
Top Top