Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 2:41:47 PM EDT
When I bumpfire my Ak Romy it fires 2 or 3 rnds and I get a light primer strike, and have to eject the unfired rnd.
Has anyone had a problem like this or not what to do to resolve it.
I bumpfire my friends Maadi with no problems.

Thanks, Perry
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not here? Must have something to due with your firing pin, or entire bolt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not here? Must have something to due with your firing pin, or entire bolt.

Should I get a new firing pin, or maybe a new bolt. If I get a new bolt do I have to check headspace?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
TAggage
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It may be that you are getting the hammer following the bolt carrier because it is not resetting on the disconnector.  But that is just a guess.
What fire control group are you using?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It may be that you are getting the hammer following the bolt carrier because it is not resetting on the disconnector.  But that is just a guess.
What fire control group are you using?

That's my guess also.  The hammer does not reset, the bolt goes forward and loads a round and then you get a light strike on the primer.  You pull the trigger and there's no click and thus no bang.  I've had the same thing happen on an AR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Full auto AKs have the auto sear, which keeps the hammer from going forward too soon. Without this it will contact the bolt before the gun is in battery, or hit the bolt and firing pin but at an angle so that the firing pin doesnt have enough force to set off a primer.

Whats happening is you are pulling the trigger while the bolt/bolt carrier is still moving forward. The hammer is not striking cleanly against the firing pin. Its not a matter of parts, its a matter of timing.

The only thing that would help would possibly be a stronger recoil spring, or a recoil bumper. Something that shortens the time it takes to cycle the weapon. Or, less forward pressure may slow down when you actually pull the trigger, i dunno.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Full auto AKs have the auto sear, which keeps the hammer from going forward too soon. Without this it will contact the bolt before the gun is in battery, or hit the bolt and firing pin but at an angle so that the firing pin doesnt have enough force to set off a primer.

Whats happening is you are pulling the trigger while the bolt/bolt carrier is still moving forward. The hammer is not striking cleanly against the firing pin. Its not a matter of parts, its a matter of timing.

The only thing that would help would possibly be a stronger recoil spring, or a recoil bumper. Something that shortens the time it takes to cycle the weapon. Or, less forward pressure may slow down when you actually pull the trigger, i dunno.

Thanks.
I most likely can't pull the trigger as fast as I can bump fire. I might try the bumper.
Do the make stronger Ak recoil springs? I thought they were all the same.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
I most likely can't pull the trigger as fast as I can bump fire. I might try the bumper.

Well, what i meant was use less forward pressure so your finger pulls the trigger later. Not sure if thats possible or not. I gave up bumping after the first try yielded only 2 rounds at a time.

Not sure on the spring either now that you mention it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
less forward pressure may slow down when you actually pull the trigger, i dunno.

+1
it happens to me every now and then, don't pull so hard
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
change out the fcg for a good 1
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I am getting frustrated with the Ak-47, anybody want to buy a sidefolder Romy?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Wolff makes an extra power recoil spring. www.gunsprings.com

We had the same problem with an AMD pistol. We installed a heaver recoil spring and a blackjack buffer. Problem solved. She bumps like crazy now!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#14]
rommys are ok ak's but they have couple of flaws
alot have canted sights
some have magwell issues
and they all have total shit for fcg's
order a g2 single hook for 30 bucks and your probs will be solved
the gun will work better
and your trigger pull will go from 8-12 pounds to 3-4 pounds

im not gonna explain why you need a new fcg cause i dont think you really care just trust me when i say thats what you need
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
rommys are ok ak's but they have couple of flaws
alot have canted sights
some have magwell issues
and they all have total shit for fcg's
order a g2 single hook for 30 bucks and your probs will be solved
the gun will work better
and your trigger pull will go from 8-12 pounds to 3-4 pounds

im not gonna explain why you need a new fcg cause i dont think you really care just trust me when i say thats what you need

Seems like a very light trigger right now.
I might go with the G2, is that adjustable, I will give it a try, if it doesn't work bye bye Ak.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Wolff makes an extra power recoil spring. www.gunsprings.com

We had the same problem with an AMD pistol. We installed a heaver recoil spring and a blackjack buffer. Problem solved. She bumps like crazy now!!

Lumberjack, thanks for the advice its apprecitated, I will order the spring and buffer, b4 I try the new trigger.
Only thing thats kept me from selling it, is that damn cool, folding stock and the nice green strap I put on it.

Perry

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'll give you 50 bucks for it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give you 50 bucks for it?

50 buck thats outrageous!!!

I won't take a nickel under  75.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Try your buddies recoil spring in your rifle, pop it in and give it e whirl!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top