Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2003 6:20:41 PM EDT
I'm completing the assembly of an AMD65 kit, but I don't know how its fire control group goes together. I'm familiar with AK47 & AK74 FCG's, but not this one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
HUH!!!?????
You sure that you have an AMD65? Cause it's just an akm weapon system, basically the same as the ak for all intents and purposes. it might maybe have a few improved upon parts designs, but it's still an ak47. Exactly what parts are giving you problems?
                 OJF
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It is an AMD65 kit and yes, I do recognize most of its FCG parts. However, I don't want tot go into more detail here about it because I don't want to be berated with similar comments that I got after posting the same question on a similar guns forum last night. I was even accused of being an ATF agent trolling to try to set up people who provide info. Thanks for your responses, but I think it's best that I drop the subject.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I apoligise if my response riled you, didn't intend that. I'v built 2 AMD's and helped with 2 others, and all the kits came without the full auto parts(rate reducer and trip sear) and had a semi only disconnector. My PMKMS kit had everything though. You are welcome to PM me if you want to find out something else, I'll try to anwser it, or direct you to another source for an anwser. By the way, Centerfire told me that their distributor removed the FA parts and substituted the semi disconnector.
          OJF
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
PM sent
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Meant to add to the last msg: don't be put off by naysayers; The only way to learn anything is to ask questions. And it's not illegal for someone to tell another how to, say, convert a SA to FA. It's only illegal to actually do the conversion. Regardless of what the BATFE would like everyone to believe! Sadly, many people on Gun boards are scared to even talk about it, so the Batfuckers have halfway succeded in their goal to eliminate weapons.
                         OJF
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That's exactly all that I was trying to do; learn by asking questions. I know that actually doing the build or conversion is illegal, but I only asked if anyone had instructions as to how to put the FCG together. It sickening to see that so many people, even those professing to be protectors of the 2nd Amendment, have been scared by the BATF.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Bolderboulder, I saw that post. Some of those guys can be asshole's over there. I agree with you, nothing wrong with asking questions. Ask all the questions you want over here. That way I can learn right along sid you!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi Fluxion: I think you are correct. I've always received more informed, professional, and friendly feedback here at AR15.com that those other AK site forums. There's nothing wrong with learning by asking questions, and if a particular question isn't "appropriate" or correctly phrased, there's no reason to flame that person. Oldjarheadfart in this forum has been very informative and helpful.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, Campy. I am going to look for a copy of that book this week.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top