Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2019 5:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony]
I guess this is kind of a corollary to "How well does a rifle/ammo need to shoot?". Mostly just a curiosity I've had since using OnTarget.

If we have shooters from every class, I'd like the Mean Radius and Offset data gathered from photos of targets, carefully plotted databooks, or screenshots of E-targets. If you have OnTarget or a similar program, go ahead and use that and post the data. Otherwise I can do it.

Deep High Masters may need OnTarget TDS which I think can layer groups. Simply averaging the mean radius of each string might not be exact enough, but inputting holes for a 50+ shot group is difficult.

I use the Rule Of Thirds grid setting in my camera, and try to center the bull with the circumference touching the corners of the center square. Scanning may make grease rings easier to see. Keep in mind the precision of a pixel can be a hundredth or two.

For Marksmen, Sharpshooters, Experts, having a buddy take photos or plot shots in a separate book for you is recommended so you can focus on your shooting process.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:13:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#1]
Master Class

Standing: 2.1 MOA
0.3 right, 1.3 low.
Attachment Attached File

Sitting: 1.4 MOA
0.6 right, 0.8 low.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Rapid: 0.9 MOA
0.5 left, 0.2 low.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Slow 1: 0.6 MOA
0.1 right, 0.0.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Slow 2: 0.7 MOA
0.4 right, 0.5 low.
Attachment Attached File

Summary: 1.3 MOA
0.2 right, 0.6 low.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
More data for you.  These are the results of the match shot with the carbine.  I'll try next week to get some results with my regular Service Rifle.

Currently sitting at Master Class.

Offhand 93-2x

Attachment Attached File

Rapid Sitting 87-2x with a saved round

Attachment Attached File

Rapid Prone 98-5x

Attachment Attached File

Slow Prone 191-3x

Attachment Attached File

Not able to get an aggregate w/ the targets we use.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it you are trying to accomplish? Mean radius is a measure of ammunition grouping ability, so what does that have to do with high power classes? Also what is a variation in offset?

B
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Dunno if there's something to accomplish. Just a curiosity. Maybe find how score correlates with MR.

From a machine rest or good bench setup, it measures ammo grouping ability. From flesh, it measures a shooter's grouping ability.

Offset is how far the center of a group is from center of X. Notes on NPoA and weather may be needed for context.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top