Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2022 6:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROTCatCU]
Hi team, I wanted to start training with my PC, burpies, thrusters, ect. Any considerations for ESAPI care? I thought just tossing a trash bag over them to keep them from being exposed to sweat..other than that, anything I should consider?
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Plate should already be water resistant.

If you're still worried, wrap with duct tape.   Water proof, no extra steps in handling when removing from carrier.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, appreciated it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If anything I would take care not to intentionally fall on them because they can be cracked.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROTCatCU] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
If anything I would take care not to intentionally fall on them because they can be cracked.
View Quote

Yes good call I'll be doing burpies but on a rubber matt and I'll be careful
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.weightvest.com/product/50-lb-v-force-short-weighted-vest/

Just an idea. Its what I use rather than my carrier and plates. "Friendlier" in a more public/city setting. Wearing on a Stair Climber, or treadmill at the local gym works great for being more low key. Stones can be removed to reduce weight, or a pack can be included with more weight placed in the pack. No risk of damaging your plates during the rigors of an intense work out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Cracking ceramic plates would be my major concern.  I have steel plates (primarily for training) and a weight vest for that reason.   Weight vest is certainly cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badfish25] [#7]
I too was concerned with plate damage so I have a second carrier set up with some homemade weighted plates. Brings the total weight to 30lbs, I workout (pullups, dips, pushups) and hike with this.

Added benefit is when I throw on my first carrier it feels pretty light, its in the 15ish lbs range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top