Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2021 10:05:49 PM EDT
I was wondering if the Blue training CATs and Hyfin chest seals are  as affective as there a standard issue counterparts?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to the reliability of the chest seal trainers (despite having used them lots and not having a real answer, I assume a new one would work if that was all you had), but the training CATs are the exact same thing, just blue.  I guess in a pinch (no pun intended) they'd work if they weren't totally disintegrated and thread bare.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no difference in the Black vs Blue CATS. They are exactly the same. They are just making it easier(safer) for you to identify your training CAT from the one that should be carried for emergencies. Hyfins are the same deal but they use a cheaper adhesive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top