Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2021 8:40:38 PM EDT
Hi I was wondering if any body knew of a stop the bleed or tccc class around Knoxville or few hours drive from knoxville,tn
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Not meaning to derail this thread, but I am interested in the same thing for the Daytona Beach area, or somewhat near to there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, there's a Navy unit in Knoxville that can probably get the TCCC folks to come by... but I don't think they're open to visitors.

Check with the hospital?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#3]
Check the Stop the bleed website for a class near you.

Roane state used to put on a tccc class. If they don’t then check with Soar Rescue. They’ve had some tccc classes in South Carolina
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a STP instructor and I checked but couldn't find any classes in your area. Lots of places have stopped offering them due to Covid.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Stop the Bleed now offers a FREE online course: STOP THE BLEED® Interactive Course
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I teach TCCC / TECC with a school in W TN.  Strategic Self-Reliance & Defense.  Also, Wilderness First Aid.  Either way, depending on what focus you want,, we can do it in about 1 8-hr day.   Check out the website or Facebook page.  

I’m a ER/Trauma RN and critical care nurse w/ 30 yrs experience.  USN Vet - 25 yrs.  Multiple deployments.  FYI.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKoch31] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rich1967:
I teach TCCC / TECC with a school in W TN.  Strategic Self-Reliance & Defense.  Also, Wilderness First Aid.  Either way, depending on what focus you want,, we can do it in about 1 8-hr day.   Check out the website or Facebook page.  

I’m a ER/Trauma RN and critical care nurse w/ 30 yrs experience.  USN Vet - 25 yrs.  Multiple deployments.  FYI.
View Quote

Shit I wish someone here did something similar. I'm also an ER nurse with ICU experience. TCCC would be a great class to take on top of the normal TNCC
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Spent 20 yrs teaching young nurses, hospital corpsmen and Marines TCCC.  Good times.  TECC is just watered down TCCC.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy in Fredericksburg VA taught us.  Excellent course and instructors.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everythingisawesome] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rich1967:
Spent 20 yrs teaching young nurses, hospital corpsmen and Marines TCCC.  Good times.  TECC is just watered down TCCC.
View Quote

Not trying to derail this thread, but...

How is TECC "watered down"?  It's intended for a different operational environment with different providers and populations. The evidence-based medicine is the same...

@rich1967
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Both are good affordable options google fu
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top