Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 11:56:16 PM EDT
A good friend likes to shoot my firearms when she can, about once a month, so she buys reloading components to make sure she has ammo to use. Years I have been giving her time and ammo, but I am no instructor, suck at it, even though I try what little I can.
A year or so ago I started downloading her mags to 10 rounds, as she would load them up to the top and just blast away. Today, I suddenly realized she was missing more and more after the first few. I stopped her, downloaded her practice mag to 6...and like the French say, wall lah. Every round good solid hit, and good tight groups that any casual shooter would be proud of on the steel - 8 inch circle at 11 yards. After 7 rounds her trigger finger would start to hurt a little, (Safe Action style trigger with standard trigger safety), and she would start changing her trigger pull almost unconsciously to accommodate it. With the short rest bit to load another 6 rounds in the mag, the finger would recover enough to pop another 6 good rounds.
I'm sure every professional here has heard/seen this, but it was the first for me, goofy, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
She needs a new gun.  Life's too short for a shitty trigger that hurts your finger.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
She needs a new gun.
View Quote
This is probably the answer.

One thing to check for is if she's holding the trigger to the rear throughout the gun's entire cycle.
She might be getting some trigger slap.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:20:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#3]
Well, lets address those - it's my gun, not hers, and the trigger is just fine for me.
It's as close as we can get to the Glock 19 pistol without actually throwing money at a gun neither one of us wants to own...but that's the issue sidearm.

Attachment Attached File

I will see if there is something else similar she might like, but the money won't be coming out of my pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top