Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2019 1:47:34 AM EDT
I always have a good kit in my bag I take to work. I don't always take the pack with me though (unless I'm going to work). I want to get a kit to keep in my truck, but I'm worried the extreme heat and cold will make some of the stuff expire quicker. I have a single cab, and pretty much anywhere I go there is no shade to park. Any advice? Or am I just doomed to having to buy new stuff every few months?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy or scrounge your stuff. Put it in a cool ATAS med bag. Put the bag in your truck cab. There done.
I live in Tennessee, it gets warm in the summer, winters get cool. We don't overthink it. Our gear lasts and lasts, even with hunned degree summer days.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
tactical response's little Pocket VOK is perfect for vehicles. Nothing in it is sensitive to heat really. Even the tape has stayed good for me in 2 years of California desert sun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By truenorth:
Buy or scrounge your stuff. Put it in a cool ATAS med bag. Put the bag in your truck cab. There done.
I live in Tennessee, it gets warm in the summer, winters get cool. We don't overthink it. Our gear lasts and lasts, even with hunned degree summer days.....
View Quote
Even stuff like quikclot?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Thanks. I bought a kit from ITS Tactical a couple of years ago. I'm just going to build my own this time around. The Magpul Daka large pouches fit that, 2 Israeli bandages and 2 Sof T Wides.  I'll probably get another one for my truck.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Most expiration dates are arbitrary.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
Most of the world gets hot; hotter in cars and trucks. Your clotting agent will be fine in ambient heat. The surface of the sun, no. Car, fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top