Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2020 1:13:06 PM EDT
I have the original Mantis X, may be trading up for the X10 soon.  But I'm wondering how you all are using it for training.  I went through the Basic and Advanced training, even got my patches.

Lately I've been mainly doing the Hostage Taker drill to practice my draw and fire, I have a goal to do 10,000 draws in each handgun/holster combo.  

I wish you could define your own training program, like I just want to do sets of 10 draws at a time and it just so happens that the hostage taker drill is the closest to that.

Also doing the mag change ones, but right now focusing on draw.

So what all are you doing?  Any tips for getting the most value out of it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I too am curious especially for dry fire draw and shoot drills.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got one, and have had it less than a month.

So far I think it’s a good training device.

It doesn’t look like there’s many people using it in this board, as the ARFCOM group has few members.

It has really helped me clean up my occasionally crappy trigger press.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered the X10. Will post up a review of it when I start using it. I think it will be a great product and help me clean up my shooting.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Horskinator:
Just ordered the X10. Will post up a review of it when I start using it. I think it will be a great product and help me clean up my shooting.
View Quote

I’m betting in the first week, you’ll see a difference.

I know I did!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I use it for dryfire on a SIRT pistol most of the time, even though it only detects about 50% of the time.

I'm working on improving my one hand shooting and draw from the holster.  I should be using it more myself.

I mostly use it for instructing others for basic pistol classes, demonstrating it to other instructors, and helping armed professionals pass their qualifications.  This weekend, I was helping an armed security guard to pass his qualifications which he recently failed.  He has a terrible flinch and shake.  I loaned him my SIRT and MantisX to practice at home with.  The MantisX shows him what the problem is and gives him a goal to get that long squiggly line into a tight ball.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought I’d let you guys know there is an ARFCOM group in the Mantis app.  

Sadly, it appears I’m the only one that’s active in it.

Join the group. Let’s get it active again!  We should push each other to become better shooters!

Just search “ARFCOM” in the app!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll join the group this weekend. I just recently got the X10
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By southlak9cop:
I’ll join the group this weekend. I just recently got the X10
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:03:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#9]
Whoops!  Double tap!

Haven’t been practicing as much, these 11 & 12 hour days are cutting into my practice time!
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I see Nancy Pelosi joined the ARFCOM room!
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the MantisX.  Could any of you post a follow-up to your original post(s) about your thoughts on it?  Are there items or changes you wish they had?  Would you buy it again?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife got me the X10 elite for my BD. Had an issue with the sensor and Mantis CS. Was fantastic. Got the new sensor in a few days and all is well. Have aroud 900 + dry fire shots through it so far!  I will be getting the magazine adapter for it. I highly recommend the  Mantis x10 for practice and improving your accuracy. I would buy this product again and just might get another for my wife.

Get one you won't be disappointed!
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ckduallie:
My wife got me the X10 elite for my BD. Had an issue with the sensor and Mantis CS. Was fantastic. Got the new sensor in a few days and all is well. Have aroud 900 + dry fire shots through it so far!  I will be getting the magazine adapter for it. I highly recommend the  Mantis x10 for practice and improving your accuracy. I would buy this product again and just might get another for my wife.

Get one you won't be disappointed!
View Quote

Good to read!  Thanks for responding!  The person that brought MantisX to my attention has been suggesting that we both buy one so as we can connect to each other's results and help each other out....something like an accountability coach thing.  The videos on the MantisX are impressive.

I'm still researching their magrail floorplate adapters.  When I called them, they were unsure if it would fit on a couple of pistols we both have.  So, they suggested their universal adapter which just uses adhesive tape to stay on the bottom of the floorplate (not too keen on this method).  Their other solution was their BR4 BoreRail which only could be used for dry fire (not too keen on this as well).

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone trying to complete the Gecko45 challenge? I'm not in on the joke so could use some help.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top