White Oak. <— the new hotness
Nightforce SR1 <—- got me my tab
Vortex Viper PST gen1  <—- got me my 30 points
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with the HiLux

I like their reticle, it is useful during offhand.

I would suggest attending a SR Club match when folks are relaxed, and asking to peer through a few different ones to see which one you like the best.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/highpower-competition/service-rifle-scopes.html

I like the NightForce SR1. I use a centering disc on the back to help with head and eye position and it really helps.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
When scopes were first allowed there were a lot of fast and dirty field trials done to find the best glass for the job. It quickly became apparent what really separated the good from the bad was the durability of the erector assembly to stand up to constant use of the turrets. Very few available scopes proved reliable.

I place reliability above everything else as the first priority. Next clarity, and reticle last. Still important, just not most important. The 3 I listed are among the most popular of the “proven” category. There are others, but if you only look at what’s on the rifles of match winners you’ll see those 3 being used very often.

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Precision Reflex is what I am using on a HiLux and White oak scope. You want a lot of cantilever and 1.3 height to get proper eye reload and cheek weld. PRI mount

The Geissele mount is the top dog but twice the price.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Bit of an odd thread title.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:Bit of an odd thread title.
View Quote

Yes. Scopes for use in Highpower competition would be better but we knew what the OP was asking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:14:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#11]
Originally Posted By XxSLASHERxX:
I made Master with iron sights.

I am looking at starting to compete again and now need a scope.

I'm 64 years old and the eyes are not like they used to be.

What is everybody using today?

Any tips will be welcome.

What power do use at 200, 300 and 600?

View Quote

@XxSLASHERxX

I am running a Sig Sauer TANGO4 (1-4X24mm Riflescope, 30mm, FFP, 5.56  - Black) she is nice glass. Tuesday match was 99 3x; 99 3x; 90 1X; 79 (my off hand is brutal). This is my 2nd match with the build and starting to get comfortable and dialed in with the upper.  The Sig Tango is a bit hard to find now days.

Guy who built my upper has a optic upper w/white oak NM  barrel) sporting the Athlon Optics Helos BTR 1-4.5x24mm
Let me know if you are interested and I will get you in touch with Mike.

Ha! I see you took the dive on purchase already. my mistake for not reading all posts to the thread.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used:
- Vortex Viper PST 1-4x14
- Nightforce Competition SR 4.5x24 Fixed with SR2 reticle
- White Oak Distinguished Rifleman Scope

I recommend the White Oak scope
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Is anyone using the March Optics scope.  

That reticle looks just about perfect to me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

View Quote

I have two March scopes but they have the large dot reticles. Excellent scopes, but I would seriously consider getting one of the WOA scopes for the money.

B
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
For what it's worth the vortex is my go-to.

I had an athlon and got rid of it.  The illumination was not reliable at all, and the clicks were not distinct.

If you were a real tightwad, and could manage not having target knobs, a vintage japan tasco 4x32 could theoretically work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#16]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

View Quote
My son and I both shoot March.  Started with the small dot, had them up-graded to the 3/4 MOA dot.

His back-up was a Vortex.  It got him 8 points.  That Vortex is now on his M14.

He bought a White Oak for his back-up rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top