Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2022 11:09:13 PM EDT
I've been curious about getting some electronic ear buds for hunting because I like to hunt with friends. I use some Howard Leight Impact Sport electric muffs for target shooting which have been perfect for my needs. I've seen various models like ones that are connected by a cord such as the Howard Leight in-ears or a behind-the-neck band such as the Walker Razor XV. I would prefer wireless ear buds such as the Walker Silencers but I've seen bad reviews on those.

So what are some recommendations? They can be some of the ones I already named too. Just looking for peoples' personal experience with them. Price range would ideally be less than $150.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not getting electronic earbuds for $150 that are worth a damn.

I have decent ones, but not top of the line. They were $2,699.

Get the corded ones for $150 that are like headphones. That's as good as you'll get at that price point.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 4:37:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZippZ] [#2]
Attachment Attached File

This is what I've been using lately for $189.  They are pretty good for the price.  Combine it with skull screw foam tips and they have the best noise reduction rating of any plug.  On the downside I could use a little more volume at the highest setting and they have some power drain issues after a few weeks of non use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8YDBZD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_M3J02HSJ8B0K162HZ83X

I used sport ears custom plugs in the past, $1200, and they were great but I kept losing and destroying them.

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Otto Noizebarrier Micros.    I use Etymotic Research ER38-14F Foam tips that seem the same as the included foam tips that came with the buds.   You can also fit them with 3M skullscrews too but personally I didn't like those as much because they seemed to let more sound through than these do for indoor shooting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations thus far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top