Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2018 10:58:18 PM EDT
I got a deal on G17 magazines and now have 6 of them. I’m hoping the Tax Return fairy will get me enough for a G34 but if not will I be crazy shooting limited with the 19 I shoot in Production now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you don’t care about being competitive, You’d be crazy shooting any 9mm in limited. Stick to production, limited is for 40cals and 140mm mags.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If you shoot 100% A’s, no problemo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xXGearheadXx:
Unless you don’t care about being competitive, You’d be crazy shooting any 9mm in limited. Stick to production, limited is for 40cals and 140mm mags.
View Quote
This. You can do it, some people do it well, but you'll have to be pretty much perfect every run. I don't think 19 vs 34 will have near the effect of minor vs major scoring.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I got to 'C' level in Limited with a G19. I know others who went higher, so definitely possible but harder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
get something in 40 cal
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Crazy only if you care about results .  If you just want to have fun then go for it.  34 really isn't much better a choice for Limited.

Originally Posted By dogsplat:
View Quote
Still a problem as then he'd be shooting too slow
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You may as well just buy custom 2011 now because that's where you'll end up eventually anyway.

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
You may as well just buy custom 2011 now because that's where you'll end up eventually anyway.

Ask me how I know.
View Quote
Probably, but I am never going to be a GM right not, I can't and don't want to put the that time and effort into the sport right now. Maybe in a few years when my boy can come with me.

Based on your guys responses and some other boards I have asked on, i will probably stay in production and work on not hearing Mike so much and smooth and speed up my realoads. Doing the math on that and I should make B class easy and A with some dedicated dry fire.

Or I could just be stupid and learn to shoot carry optics.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Auxcoastie:

Probably, but I am never going to be a GM right not, I can't and don't want to put the that time and effort into the sport right now. Maybe in a few years when my boy can come with me.

Based on your guys responses and some other boards I have asked on, i will probably stay in production and work on not hearing Mike so much and smooth and speed up my realoads. Doing the math on that and I should make B class easy and A with some dedicated dry fire.

Or I could just be stupid and learn to shoot carry optics.
View Quote
That's the smart play.

I think one can do quite well with a G19 in production for a while, A class is certainly feasible.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

View Quote
...and shoot a 6 lb trigger as good as a 2 lb trigger!

Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Ask me how I know.
View Quote
LOL. This! I have an Atlas Titan on order.

OP- you can get a very respectable / used 2011 on the Brian Enos forums. Heavily upgraded STI edges routinely go for $1,300 or so once you net out the mags and other goodies new open shooters give to offload their old Limited rig.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HoyaSaxa:

OP- you can get a very respectable / used 2011 on the Brian Enos forums. Heavily upgraded STI edges routinely go for $1,300 or so once you net out the mags and other goodies new open shooters give to offload their old Limited rig.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HoyaSaxa:

Ask me how I know.

I didn't go that far but I did buy a used Brazos Custom off Enos a couple months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top