Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2020 12:59:11 PM EDT
I have a Fox Five point Three 2oz pepper spray that was born on 02-21-12. Website says it's no good after 3 years.    Since it's been almost 9, just go out and empty it an trash it?

It's never been used to this point.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
ost for answer  I have some expired stuff too.  I suspect its like medication just weakens over time...  another stratagy to get you to buy new....
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What I read is the spray itself doesn't weaken, but the canister propellant can/will weaken rendering it ineffective.

No real world experience though, hence the post.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a can of expired Fox that I was going to let the wife use for practice.
Grabbed it one day to walk my dog.

3 neighbor dogs came running out in the street snarling and barking so I used the spray.

I think it shot about 2 feet then died.

Only got a drop on one dog but when he stopped the others did too.

So yes, expired means trash can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a couple beers with your buddies at the beach, stand in the shallow water, and bless each other with the hot sauce.

It's good training. It's enlightening. It makes entertaining videos.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:
What I read is the spray itself doesn't weaken, but the canister propellant can/will weaken rendering it ineffective.

View Quote

That’s the answer.  The propellant can leak over time
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:

View Quote

I noticed this on an old can of Mace some 20 years ago.  Stream barely went two yards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
Have a couple beers with your buddies at the beach, stand in the shallow water, and bless each other with the hot sauce.

It's good training. It's enlightening. It makes entertaining videos.
View Quote

This man knows how to party!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top