Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2020 9:53:13 AM EDT
I've decided to make dry firing a part of my daily routine. With my wfh status I can keep my g19 next to me all day so I may as well.

How many fires a day should I do in average? Any specific drills?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bcmrofl:
I've decided to make dry firing a part of my daily routine. With my wfh status I can keep my g19 next to me all day so I may as well.

How many fires a day should I do in average? Any specific drills?
View Quote

My normal routine is:
50-60 reps standing from a holster (sets of 10)
50-60 standing draws with 2-4 target transitions
30/ea strong and weak hand (weak hand portion is strong hand draw transition to weak hand)
Then i'll go into more dynamic things...tough to describe those here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
For as long as you can remain focused and get something out of it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy ben stoegers book "dryfire reloaded." You can do a lot more in dryfire than most people think you can. You can skip over the gaming stuff if that's not really your thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Not about how many, rather how many good ones you can do consecutively. I’ll string out 5 consecutive perfect reps of what I’m working on and then rest for 2 mins. Total session is roughly 15 mins. Sometimes I’ll do 4 sets and others will be 1. All about getting the 5 perfect reps.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Minnesotadude:
Buy ben stoegers book "dryfire reloaded." You can do a lot more in dryfire than most people think you can. You can skip over the gaming stuff if that's not really your thing.
View Quote

^this
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#6]
For possible reference:

How to Train When There is No Ammo
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Several people have already mentioned Ben Stoeger's Dry-Fire Reloaded. That's the place to start for sure.

A key thing in dry fire is to grip the gun HARD, just like you would in live fire. If you're doing this, it's unlikely that you'll last more than fifteen minutes before your forearms are smoked. I personally dry fire twice on most days, fifteen minutes at lunch and fifteen minutes after work.

As for what to practice—anything you'd do on the range. Draws, reloads, transitions, shooting your way into and out of positions, etc.

The value of dry fire is proportional to the honesty with which you approach it—getting adequate sight confirmation for the shot, gripping hard, isolating your trigger pull, etc. It's good to mix live and dry fire on the range to verify this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Newbe question: I'm looking at a dry firing systems for both my P365 & P320 M18, I like the idea of being able to track how I shoot.  I like the mantis X3 and have a few questions.
Do in to use snap caps so I don't damage anything?
Do I need a snap cap that will not eject every time?
Is the mantis X3 my best choice in dry firing? If not what is?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762SR25] [#9]
With the ammo situation I want to improve my dry firing with a laser bore sight.

Everything I find seems to want to only fire on a trigger press.

Is there one out there that stays on so I can just focus on not letting it move as I work the trigger?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 762AR25:
With the ammo situation I want to improve my dry firing with a laser bore sight.

Everything I find seems to want to onlybfire on a trigger press.

Is there one out there that stays on so I can just focus on not letting it move as I work the trigger?
View Quote

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0794YFRYP

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top