Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2020 12:28:29 PM EDT
I am going to my CEN probably in November. I’ve already spoken with my unit educator and she is going to get me some materials. I also joined the ENA and got their CEN question book.

Looking for recommendations on materials to study, review.

I planned on doing questions, questions, and more questions...but would prefer a formalized review if I can get one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I took it last May and passed. I used the the ENA review book. I did one test per week. I took the test like I was sitting for the exam. Timed the start and allowed the three hours  permitted for the exam. I was usually able  to complete it one hour and fifteen minutes. Then I would spend a couple days reviewing the test and seeing what I got wrong and why. I also counted the # of correct answers. I usually got around 107-110 out of 150 questions. You need at least 105 to pass.

The day of the exam , I completed the 175 questions in about 75 minutes and spent a few minutes reviewing my answers. I forced myself to stop. On the actual exam 25 questions are unscored experimental questions. Out of the 150 scored questions , I answered 133 questions correctly.

The most important point to learn and practice, is answer the question from the nursing perspective. A review course may help, but learning how to read the question is the most important skill you need for the exam.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top