Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: airborne89]
As stated I'm looking for a ballistic program for my phone. For the most part it will be used with.308 M118LR ammo.  
Do any of you use them?
Who has the best out there?
I don't cear if it cost me to download, but I only want to pay once.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
strelok
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By OL3K5A:
strelok

Thanks
I found three. Is it worth paying for the "pro"?
What one are you using?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
With the free Strelok, there are 5 different loads you can save for each rifle.  The pro version has more features.  For a basic ballistics program, it's pretty nice, and I like the reticle feature as well.  It has a ton of reticles and scopes in the database, with the reticle pictures.  It will show holds on the reticle for the range and wind conditions you enter as well.

Lapua also has a good ballistics program for the Android.

I have them both, and I also use Berger's Ballistic Program on the PC's and Laptops.  I like it for 500yds and further because I can enter G7 data, which is the drag model function more appropriate for boat tail bullets, and boat tails are all we shoot at distance anyway.

Make sure you know your barometric pressure and enter it accordingly for your trajectories.  I shoot often at sea level, 4400ft ASL, and 6600ft ASL.  Those are huge differences in barometric pressure, as the air is less dense as the altitude gets higher, meaning bullets fly flatter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Strelok and Ballistics.  But i use Strelok the most cause of the options.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I use "Shooter" and have liked it for years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:

shooter is FAR superior to Strelok

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:

shooter is FAR superior to Strelok  

I haven't used Strelok, but am very familiar with Shooter.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Shooter is a better app?

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Shooter
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#9]
shooter

worth it for pro
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I found Shooter. Is there only one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By airborne89:
I found Shooter. Is there only one?

Yeah, developer is "seankndy"  aka, Sean Kennedy (I believe he is a member here and Sniper's Hide).

It is one time payment, and there is a free plug in to use with your Kestrel, as well.

I also download TargetCalc and Reticle Ranger on every new phone, they are useful as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks I'll Look into it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#13]

I loved it once I figured it out. Had it on my Kindle for the LR class I took in September.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top