Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2022 1:04:41 PM EDT
Ok, I have gone through several iterations of range cards and drop cards and I can't seem to come up with a really good way to record the info I need in such a way that it is useful when I am behind glass and on the timer.  

I have tried printing drop tables, but I am not good at dialing holdover during stages, especially on stages where I have to alternate between near and far targets or have alot of targets to deal with or have to deal with different required positions.  
I have tried using Strelok and the reticle functions and that works ok, but then I went to a match that specifically disallowed electronic devices so I was out of luck.  Plus, I still have to memorize drops or holdovers for entire stages of targets because I am not going to try to drag my phone out during a stage...
Then I got a smart watch that I could download strelok data to, and that is great at the range, but it seemed way to fiddly to try to use DURING a stage.  
I have tried various hand written notes with varying levels of success.   Simple data like a typical NRL22 match where there is only a couple ranges per stage are OK to just write on my hand, but when the stage has 10+ targets that gets a little much.  

So, this is where I am.   I purchased a wrist-coach to give myself a bigger and better place to write my data, but now I need to come up with a more efficient way to write what I need.  I have been actively swapping out all of my match scopes to MIL + FFP with similar Christmas tree reticles to simplify my life (consistency).  
I have tried printing Strelok's reticle view on paper, but that leaves a little to be desired because then I have to remember the specific ranges each target is at.  

So, I am open to suggestions on how to to either refine one of the methods I have tried (Get Gud?) or what other way have you used to keep track of targets, ranges and holdovers for NRL/PRS style courses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top