Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 9:09:54 PM EDT
We are putting together a DMR/RECCE Team match at New Holland Rifle Pistol Club.

This is intended to be a fun match similar to the PASASS Series. This match will not be part of the series points and will be a team match instead of individual. The idea is one DMR shooter will team up with one RECCE shooter. All stages will have both shooters firing together at targets based on their class. They will also require some amount of coordination between teammates. For those not familiar with the series, the classes are defined below:

DMR: A DMR has an optic capable of greater than 6x. A DMR can have a bipod attached to the rifle.
RECCE: A RECCE class rifle has an optic that is not capable of more than 6x. A RECCE rifle has no bipod, grip pod or other front support device.

I am working on a course of fire right now but trying to get a round count around 100-120 rounds. Distance will be from 200-700 yards.

Anyone interested, feel free to post in this thread and I will update it soon with registration information.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:55:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lennyo3034] [#1]
Registration is up.

The registration is set up for teams but if you register individually, we will pair you. Please post any issues or team requests on this thread.

Registration link

Course of fire has been completed. You will need at least 120 rounds and I would recommend more just in case.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Lenny

Thank you for posting.

I will not be shooting but I will attend the match to watch.

Please post any addtional  Precision Matches at New Holland  here. I occasionally shoot F Class at New Holland.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome to bring a rifle out. Either way, come introduce yourself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Freddy is handling the registration, and rather than getting all the emails from him, I'm just going to post the CoF here:

Stage 1: Team range run
Targets at 200,300,400,500,600,636,700 yards. Two targets at each distance (DMR and RECCE size). Team has 120 seconds to hit all 14 targets. They can shoot at same time and split. Shooters do not have to shoot their class targets. (I.e. DMR can shoot the RECCE targets and vice versa). RECCE will start at 200 and work up and DMR at 700 and work down. Shooting positions will all kinds of props. Standing at 200, sitting at 300, poles, barricades, chairs, spoils, etc.

Stage 2: KYL range run
This can be run alternating with stage 1 so prepping while stage 1 is running. 300,400,500,600,700 yards. Shooters will fire on their respective target sizes.

Stage 3: Share the post
Team has 60 seconds to fire 10 shots per shooter at 400 yard target. Respective target sizes. Team must use a single post.

Stage 4: Walk it in
RECCE shooter must hit steel target at 700 yards. When hit, DMR shooter fires on steel target at 636 yards. RECCE must hit steel each time before DMR can fire. ONLY HITS ON THE 636 TARGET COUNT FOR POINTS. Round counts: RECCE: 30, DMR 15. 120 second limit.

Stage 5: Pop walks
Targets pop up at a random location. Targets will remain stationary for 3 seconds, then take 7 steps in a random direction. 5 teams at a time.

Stage 6: Movers
Walking speed moved left to right. Jogging speed right to left. Team chooses who shoots what.

Stage 7: Gaggle of Dix
5 targets grouped together in center of berm. Upon first shot fired, targets scatter to edges. 

Stage 8: XTC
5 shots standing, 5 shots sitting, 5 shots prone. High-power style. Mag changes between positions. 90 seconds. Team will share a B27 target.

From 400 yards+ we will have different target sizes for DMR vs RECCE classes. Most of the RECCE targets are full size IPSC. The DMR targets are either 66% or smaller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top