Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
I have a friend that is not on any forums.  He recently got back from an Accuracy 1st class, and has come to the realization that some of his gear is not working out like he wants.

He has an EDM Windrunner in .408 CheyTac with the non-pivoting newer style bipod.

He wants to upgrade to something with more "flexibility" for uneven ground.  I showed him the video on EDM's site of the new pivoting style bipod but he was wondering if there were any other options out there.

Any ideas?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Atlas bipod, which is a little costly, but it has been great so far, it is light, you can change the feet depending on the terrain, add extensions to the length if you need it like when you are shooting downhill, it swivels cants, and attaches to a picatinny rail quickly and easily.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Atlas on one of mine and enjoy it as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on using the LRA bipod for my 375 build. It has a wider stance than a Harris or atlas for more stability, but is hefty.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:41:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RifleRob] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tonkavader:
I have the Atlas bipod, which is a little costly, but it has been great so far, it is light, you can change the feet depending on the terrain, add extensions to the length if you need it like when you are shooting downhill, it swivels cants, and attaches to a picatinny rail quickly and easily.
View Quote

If it swivels and cants make sure it locks. Or you’ll be calling Vortex explaining how you goofed your turrets because your gun fell over. Good thing their customer service is bar none.

....pshhh that guy was an idiot.

Edit: me. I’m the idiot. In case that wasn’t clear lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top